View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0025566||mantisbt||public||2019-03-05 00:46||2019-03-16 20:20|
|Target Version||2.19.1||Fixed in Version||2.19.1|
|Summary||0025566: PHPMailer regressions|
As part of moving to PHP 6.x, the following issues were introduced:
@dregad are the latest PHPMailer releases working for you?
|Tags||No tags attached.|
We should target any fixes for this to
Here is the snippet from the error log:
I haven't proven that TLS is the cause of the 3rd issue.
Here are the PHPMailer 6 upgrade guide:
I have not experienced any issues on my end since I started testing PHPMailer 6 about one year ago. This code has been running on our tracker since November 2018, and I have not noticed any problems there either (I'm receiving notifications every day).
I know, but this is not an issue as PHP Function names are case-insensitive so I didn't think it was worth the effort to adapt the code to the new camelCase naming. I can do it if you want.
I missed those during migration, will fix.
I don't have a config to test this. Can you provide more information / steps to reproduce ?
Sorry I pushed to the wrong remote and source integration picked the commits up and marked the issue as fixed.
See PR https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/pull/1475 (does not include fix for TLS issue)
1 & 2 are fixed.
Please open a separate issue for 3 with additional details if your TLS issue comes up again.
@dregad It turns out the issue is not related to TLS. But I opened bug 0025582 and opened a corresponding bug in PHPMailer with the fix I found. However, I expect the PHPMailer team to find a better fix.
MantisBT: master-2.19 ab2353cd
2019-03-05 06:58:33Details Diff
|Use new namespaced PHPMailer exception
Define alias for PHPMailer\Exception as phpmailerException, matching
previous usage in the code.
|mod - core/email_api.php||Diff File|
MantisBT: master-2.19 14c8334f
2019-03-05 07:02:06Details Diff
|Adjust case of PHPMailer method names
In PHPMailer 6, functions have been renamed to camelCase, this commit
modifies our email API code to use the new names.
|mod - core/email_api.php||Diff File|
|2019-03-05 00:46||vboctor||New Issue|
|2019-03-05 00:47||vboctor||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2019-03-05 00:48||vboctor||Relationship added||related to 0025436|
|2019-03-05 00:48||vboctor||Note Added: 0061622|
|2019-03-05 00:49||vboctor||Relationship added||related to 0024990|
|2019-03-05 00:50||vboctor||Product Version||2.19.1 => 2.19.0|
|2019-03-05 00:50||vboctor||Target Version||2.20.0 => 2.19.1|
|2019-03-05 00:53||vboctor||Note Added: 0061623|
|2019-03-05 00:55||vboctor||Note Added: 0061624|
|2019-03-05 00:56||vboctor||Note Added: 0061625|
|2019-03-05 04:21||dregad||Note Added: 0061626|
|2019-03-05 04:21||dregad||Assigned To||=> dregad|
|2019-03-05 04:21||dregad||Status||new => feedback|
|2019-03-05 10:29||dregad||Changeset attached||=> MantisBT i25566-phpmailer-fixes 37eef756|
|2019-03-05 10:29||dregad||Changeset attached||=> MantisBT i25566-phpmailer-fixes f59c514f|
|2019-03-05 10:29||dregad||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2019-03-05 10:29||dregad||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-03-05 10:35||dregad||Status||resolved => assigned|
|2019-03-05 10:35||dregad||Note Added: 0061628|
|2019-03-05 10:36||dregad||Changeset removed||MantisBT i25566-phpmailer-fixes 37eef756 =>|
|2019-03-05 10:36||dregad||Changeset removed||MantisBT i25566-phpmailer-fixes f59c514f =>|
|2019-03-05 10:55||dregad||Resolution||fixed => open|
|2019-03-07 11:48||dregad||Changeset attached||=> MantisBT master-2.19 ab2353cd|
|2019-03-07 11:48||dregad||Changeset attached||=> MantisBT master-2.19 14c8334f|
|2019-03-07 11:48||dregad||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2019-03-07 11:48||dregad||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2019-03-07 11:48||dregad||Fixed in Version||=> 2.19.1|
|2019-03-07 12:17||dregad||Note Added: 0061646|
|2019-03-09 00:21||vboctor||Relationship added||related to 0025582|
|2019-03-09 00:21||vboctor||Note Added: 0061654|
|2019-03-16 20:20||vboctor||Status||resolved => closed|