|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-07-25 09:40 EDT|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Wiki | Repositories|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0007809||mantisbt||custom fields||public||2007-03-09 03:08||2007-10-04 01:37|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||1.1.0rc1|
|Summary||0007809: Filter "none" on custom fields doesn't work|
|Description||When filtering on a custom field and choosing the value [none], the result is empty.|
The reason is that there's no entry in the mantis_custom_field_string_table for empty lines (except if the field was first filled and then updated to empty).
|Steps To Reproduce||Pre-requisites :|
1 - Create a custom field as administrator in [Manage custom fields]
2 - Add this custom field to a project in [Manage project]
3 - Create an anomaly in this project and let the custom field empty
1 - In view issues, select [none] as the value to filter on for this field
2 - Click on Apply Filter
3 - See the empty result
|Additional Information||This could be solved by a special query for the [none] value like :|
SELECT ... FROM mantis_bug_table WHERE bug_id NOT IN (SELECT DISTINCT(bug_id) FROM mantis_custom_field_string_table WHERE field_id="...")
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files|| custom_field_filter_none.patch [^] (1,129 bytes) 2007-03-09 04:47 [Show Content]
custom_field_filter_none_2.patch [^] (1,144 bytes) 2007-03-09 05:25 [Show Content]
bug7809.patch [^] (2,563 bytes) 2007-07-16 18:43 [Show Content]
Here is a patch that correct this problem.
In fact, there were two problems :
- no line in the table for bug added before the custom field was added in the project (solved thanks to the SELECT ... WHERE id NOT IN (...))
- no result at all because of a wrong comparison between META_FILTER_NONE and $t_filter_member
|Sorry, I made a mistake in the first patch. The second one is the good one.|
I finally had a chance at reviewing your patch.
You are definitely right on the diagnosis and the proposed fix works, but I reworked the patch a little becasue I did not like too much the $t_first_time usage (I know, it's not your faukt since you copy/paste it...) I'm attaching the reworked patch here, please test it and let me know if it also works for you.
One question; the query you proposed in "Additional Information" had a DISTINCT clause: is there a reason why you dropped it in the proposed patch?
It seems fine to me (and yes, the use of an array and implode is more elegant ;) ).
I think I dropped the DISTINCT clause because there can be only one row for a given couple of bug_id and field_id, so it was useless.
In the meanwhile, I become aware thart the nested query syntax could be problematic for the cross DB goal of mantis (and even in MySQL was introduced in v4.1, while we are going to require 4.0)
Do you think that doing 2 separate queries would be detrimental to performances and/or RAM usage?
|@giallu: I thought we were going to be requiring MySQL 4.1 specifically for the reason of subquery support?|
|I will ask again on -devel|
|Shouldn't / doesn't ADODB handle subquery support?|
I wish I knew...
anyway, Victor gave me the OK to use subqueries, so 1.1 will have a dependency on MySQL 4.1 and I can commit the fix as is.
MantisBT: master bd7cad4f
Timestamp: 2007-09-15 21:48:26
|Fix 7809: Filter "none" on custom fields doesn't work
git-svn-id: http://mantisbt.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mantisbt/trunk@4574 [^] /?p=mantisbt.git;a=object;h=f5dc347c-c33d-0410-90a0-b07cc1902cb9
|mod - core/filter_api.php|
|2007-03-09 03:08||lifo2||New Issue|
|2007-03-09 04:47||lifo2||File Added: custom_field_filter_none.patch|
|2007-03-09 04:50||lifo2||Note Added: 0014148|
|2007-03-09 05:25||lifo2||File Added: custom_field_filter_none_2.patch|
|2007-03-09 05:26||lifo2||Note Added: 0014149|
|2007-07-02 11:41||giallu||Status||new => assigned|
|2007-07-02 11:41||giallu||Assigned To||=> giallu|
|2007-07-16 18:42||giallu||Note Added: 0015070|
|2007-07-16 18:43||giallu||File Added: bug7809.patch|
|2007-09-13 10:05||lifo2||Note Added: 0015626|
|2007-09-13 13:24||giallu||Note Added: 0015629|
|2007-09-13 15:41||jreese||Note Added: 0015632|
|2007-09-14 02:23||giallu||Note Added: 0015635|
|2007-09-14 20:14||exk72||Note Added: 0015639|
|2007-09-15 03:55||giallu||Note Added: 0015640|
|2007-09-15 17:54||giallu||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2007-09-15 17:54||giallu||Fixed in Version||=> 1.1.0rc1|
|2007-09-15 17:54||giallu||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2007-10-04 01:37||vboctor||Status||resolved => closed|
|2008-10-20 20:21||Changeset attached||master-1.1.x 148b3cce =>|
|2008-11-11 08:35||giallu||Changeset attached||master bd7cad4f =>|
|2008-11-11 08:48||giallu||Changeset attached||master bd7cad4f =>|
| MantisBT 1.2.17 [^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2014 MantisBT Team
Time: 0.1003 seconds.|
memory usage: 3,060 KB