Are we there yet? Well almost! I’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about when 1.1.0 gold will be out. We are almost there, with the arrival of the rc1 release, we are now in feature freeze and have already branched the code. Hence, any new development will now go into 1.2.0 code base and the 1.1.0 branch will only get critical bug fixes and localization updates. This will allow us to quickly reach the proven stability status and hence be able to release 1.1.0 gold. I am optimistic that this can happen pretty quick since this rc1 came after four alpha releases that were deployed in a lot of production sites including our own official bug tracker.
This release includes features like db2 support, XWiki integration and tagging. It also has security improvements and some localization updates. All users of Mantis 1.1.0aX are encouraged to upgrade.
For Mantis instances that use non-latin characterset, there is no automated upgrade path for data already in the database. Hence, this wiki page guides you through the upgrade process. Please backup before you attempt to upgrade. It is also recommended to test the upgrade process on a backup instance rather than the live one.
Following are some Mantis related services:
- Mantis Blog – The blog is used for news and updates relating to Mantis. The old news feature on the home page will be phased out and replaced by the blog. Users are encouraged to subscribe to the blog RSS feed.
- Mantis Twitter – Twitter will is used for keeping Mantis users (followers of Mantis twitter) updated with all issues that are resolved in the bug tracker and manual updates that are added relating to releases, etc. If you have a Twitter account, it is recommend that you follow “mantisbt” Twitter account.
- Mantis Job Board – There is now a Mantis Job Board that allows the Mantis Community to post and find job posts. The cost for posting a job is $30 $10 per month. The latest jobs also show up on Mantis web pages via the Job Board widget.
- MantisWAP: Access Mantis from your cell phone / PDA.
- MantisConnect: Access Mantis via Webservice from Java, .NET, Cocoa, and others (the webservice is now included out-of-the-box with 1.1.0a4, however, the client libraries will remain hosted by MantisConnect project):
- Forums: Mantis support forums. Please use the forums so that you can get more prompt responses and others can benefit and contribute. Please do not use “Contact Us” page for support.
- Wiki: Documentation, Requirements, How-To Guides, etc.
- Bug Tracker: Official Bug Tracker to report Mantis Bugs and Feature requests.
- Mantis Demo: A demo instance
- Mantis Manual