General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

thomas.km

Post by thomas.km »

Hi guys,

is there a approx release date?
Or is there a possibilty to get a "unstable" Version?

In 0.19.3 are many many important things fixed

really appricate your work

regards
thomas.km
prescience
Site Admin

Post by prescience »

You can always use the latest CVS snapshot but, as always, it's 'use at your own risk'.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

The next release will be Mantis 1.0.0rc1 rather than Mantis 0.19.3. Hence, you will get this release candidate to do your testing, till then you can use the CVS version.

I still haven't planned much the release date, but ideally I would like the release candidate out before end of March.

Regards,
Victor
thomas.km

Post by thomas.km »

sorry, but you can you tell me how to use CVS? Dont know the system.
Just reviewed it but only saw the files, do i need to copy every single file down? or is there a development package of CVS available to download?

And second questions, whats the best way to update mantis? Copy all new files in my mantis dir and say yes if overwrites are nessesary and that was it? (except the config file with the sql connection data)

regards
thomas
schnell18

Checkout Open Source Development with CVS, 2ND EDITION

Post by schnell18 »

Hi,
You may checkout this book Open Source Development with CVS, 2ND EDITION by Karl Fogel, Moshe Bar. This is a classic book on cvs. Read this book will give you enough insight into how CVS works. Alternatively, checkout http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=14963 for detailed instructions to pull mantis source out. You can also browse mantis code base online.

Justin
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

You have two options:

1. Easy: Download the night tarball from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/ ... ot.tar.bz2

2. Complicated: Understand CVS in general, and SourceForge server information needed to populate it in order to get the latest code. In this case, I recommend the TortoiseCVS client (http://www.tortoisecvs.org/)

Regards,
Victor.
thomas.km

Post by thomas.km »

hi

i have downloaded the lasted CVS source of Mantis.

Can anyone tell me what i have to do to upgrade the DB exactly?

I put all files in a new dir to test it as standalone and not overwriting the old files.
For that i exported Mantis DB in a new DB and use this new DB for the new Mantis version (only to be sure)
But how can i upgrade the mantis DB now? (i guess it needs upgrades)
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

bugfinder

Post by bugfinder »

Most annoying part of the tarball is all the files are named filename,v so you need to rename them all.
fx3000se

Post by fx3000se »

bugfinder wrote:Most annoying part of the tarball is all the files are named filename,v so you need to rename them all.
looks like the tar-ball is the repository and not a working copy of mantis, i.e. you CANNOT use this tar-ball!
Regards
fx3000se
mikewhit

useful subject

Post by mikewhit »

Could I ask that the Subject title be a useful phrase rather than just a number ?

Even something like "release date 0.19.3 ?" would be good !

Thx
xuefeng

Post by xuefeng »

i have a question: if i upgrade mantis, need i create a new database instance or use the old one? how could i treat with the old data in database? keep them unchanged?
thank you very much
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

xuefeng,

You will use the old one. All what you will need to do is to run the upgrade script from the admin/ folder. This will upgrade your db structure to comply with the version you are upgrading to.

Regards,
Victor
Checkout MantisConnect
http://www.futureware.biz/mantisconnect
apuhjee

Post by apuhjee »

Is 1.0.0rc1 still slated for release prior to this month's end? I'm drooling...

Cheers ~ Jason
XueFeng

Post by XueFeng »

vboctor,
thank you very much.