Custom Reports

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jerhinesmith

Custom Reports

Post by jerhinesmith »

I currently work for a company using Mantis v 0.18.0a4

That being said, can someone tell me if the Custom Reports functionality in any version post 0.18.0a4 allows for filtering reports based on custom fields?

In the version we're using now, it is possible to include custom fields on a report, but not to filter based upon custom field data. Since I don't have access to a mantis build more recent than 0.18.0a4, I'm not sure if this functionality has been added/proposed. I looked through the changelog and searched the forum, but couldn't find anything.

I understand that the view issues page allows you to filter on custom fields now, but I need something that can be ran a few times a month and within the same parameters. I also understand that this could easily be achieved by writing some SQL code and just selecting the appropriate data, but due to security reasons, I don't have that option.

Sorry if this belongs in the help forum, but I'm not really asking for any help, I'm just asking whether or not something is supported.

Thanks.
jerhinesmith

Post by jerhinesmith »

Alright, can anyone at least point me to some documentation that might answer this question? I checked the Mantis documentation, but wasn't able to find an answer.
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

I don't quite know what you mean by the "Custom Reports" functionality. Are you talking about the exporting of data to Word / Excel?

If so, then yes, but more so as a property of the fact that the view filter supports it. Simply work out what you want to filter in the view page then click the "Print Reports" link then the export button...

If that's not what you're talking about, then please tell me.

Just rereading: possibly you mean saving filters... again if so, yes.
jerhinesmith

Post by jerhinesmith »

In v.18(+), when you go to the "Summary" page, beside the "Print Reports" option, there is a "Custom Reports" option. It is possible, that since later versions allow for the saving of filters that this functionality was removed.

Thanks for the response. I hadn't thought about using saved filters to achieve the same effect, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. When you export from the "View Items" screen, I imagine that custom fields are included in that, correct?

Thanks again.
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Oh I see. Now, unless I've changed a config option to remove that link, it doesn't exist anymore :).

After actually trying this out a bit more, from what I can see the CSV Export doesn't export custom fields, but the Word link from the Print Reports page does.

I could be wrong about the CSV though...
jerhinesmith

Post by jerhinesmith »

Thanks for the reply.

I think you're right about the CSV not including custom fields. Unfortunately, for security reasons, I don't have access to the database and trying to extract data through CSV files seems to be the only option I have.

I guess it's time to get creative ...

Thanks again, and feel free to pass on any more information you find. I really do appreciate the insight, since I'm not able to find it out given the resources I have.