User's Manual

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Dick Steflik

User's Manual

Post by Dick Steflik »

I've been using Mantis for a project that one of my classes is working on for the last 8 months and have pretty much figure out how to use Mantis. Several other faculty members would like to use Mantis in conjunction with classes they teach but I don't have the time to teach them how to use it. Is there a "User" oriented manual that explains how Mantis is intended to be used in a software development environment, one that has at least a straight forward definition of terms and responsibilities and the moving of an issue through its life cycle.

Dick Steflik
Dept Computer Science
Binghamton University
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

What we have at the moment can be found at:
http://manual.mantisbt.org

Somone contributed an article lately that explains Mantis as well. I remember it was quite good as an introduction to Mantis. Once I locate it, I will add a link here.

Regards,
Victor
http://www.futureware.biz
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

See #5070
Dick Steflik

User's Guide

Post by Dick Steflik »

I've tried downloading both the MS Word version and the pdf but keep getting documents of 0 bytes. Is Mantis having a problem downloading files?

Dick Steflik
crashpoint_zero

Re: User's Guide

Post by crashpoint_zero »

hi there,

even i tried to dwnload the word and pdf version and i m experiencing the same problem as of prof dick stefkuj of the file bieng empty. Could u please rectify the same?

Thanks,

regards,

saurabh
Dick Steflik

Seems to be fixed

Post by Dick Steflik »

I was just able to download the MS Word and PDF versions of the User's Guide without any problem. Thanks to whoever fixed the problem. The document looks like just what I was looking for; how about posting linkes to at along with the other Mantis documentation.

Dick Steflik
prescience
Site Admin

Post by prescience »

There was a permissions issue with the server, it should be fixed now.
emyoulation

Re: User's Manual

Post by emyoulation »

This is the 1st topic that comes up in a 2023 search for User Guide.

The responses suffer from Linkrot. And the "documentation.php" page on the MantisBT.org domain only have Admin and Developer content linked.

Could fresh links for any User Docs be posted on that page? (And the manual.MantisBT.org be repaired to point there too.]
atrol
Site Admin

Re: User's Manual

Post by atrol »

I am not aware that there is any official "User Guide".
There is a section in the Admin Guide that might help http://manual.mantisbt.org/docs/master/ ... dmin.pages

As installations are typically customized (status, workflows, plugins, ...), it might be better to write an own User Guide to avoid confusion of end users.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual