General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jimmypw

Wiki Inaccuracy

Post by jimmypw »

http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... quirements

Under the section Configuration Changes
Point 2
Add “roadmap_edit_threshold” which is to be set to .....
Firstly this feature has been added but not with "roadmap_edit_threshold" but "roadmap_update_threshold" please update this it took me quite a while to realise this.
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: Wiki Inaccuracy

Post by vboctor »

Updated. However, you should use config_defaults_inc.php as a reference to the supported configuration options and their documentation. We are currently working on a new manual which will be released with Mantis 1.2.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
SneakyWho_am_i

Does v1.1.1 actually have a roadmap feature?

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

I've seen a copy of what config_inc.php should look like
Unfortunately my installation was botched in some way so that it couldn't create that file (wrong group permission)
Fortunately the mantis setup process caught this and provided me with some copy-and-paste text to put into a configuration file.
Unfortunately the setup process didn't bother to tell me that the REAL file should be about 100000 lines long. Mine only set about four variables - just enough to connect to the database.

So, the only documentation I had to go by of course was the wiki - and because the setup definitely sometimes produces non-documentational config_inc.php files, we can't rely on that ;)

The wiki says on the roadmap page something about setting roadmap_update_threshold, or something...
What are the possible values for this?

Well, I've got one product in each project marked as due for release in a particular version (target release) but neither show up at roadmap_page.php
If I try to go by permalink to the product's specific roadmap:
roadmap_page.php?project_id=1
I get a nice, big, fat ACCESS DENIED message - and I'm the administrator!!
perhaps I'm not meeting one of the requirements for having a roadmap?

The wiki and my config file? Neither helps here.
http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... es:roadmap

Check out down the bottom of the page:
See also: Roadmap Requirements.
Perfect!!

So I followed all the instructions there - with unpleasant results, as you can imagine.
http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... quirements
These instuctions are from the wiki. Don't follow them, whatever you do.
Database Changes

(Done) Add a target_version field to the issue that is the same type as version and fixed_in_version. This field can be left empty of not specified. It can also be added to the custom field list (see Customizing Columns in View Issues Page).
Add a optional target_date to the version table. This allows the project manager to set a deadline for the release.
Actually, you don't need to add custom fields at all :lol: