Exporting data from Tickets to a data base

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jcordes74

Exporting data from Tickets to a data base

Post by jcordes74 »

Hello all, I have a few questions and I'm very sorry for being an extreme amateur in Mantis, I'm trying to learn.

1) My team uses Mantis and have tasked me, someone who has never used Mantis before, to find out if it's possible to export data from tickets to some sort of a data base (maybe SaltStack, Ansible, Terraform, we don't know yet). Is this possible to do? My thought is: well it can send the data through an email so why can't it be sent to a data base? But I don't know. :oops:
2) If this is possible...how would I go about doing this? I have the resources: https://mantisbt.org/docs/master/en-US/ ... l-desktop/ and https://mantis.cincom.com/resource-library/videos/, are these resources able to answer my questions? Or will they lead me down the wrong rabbit hole?

Anything that anyone is willing to help me with would be GREATLY appreciated! :D
cas

Re: Exporting data from Tickets to a data base

Post by cas »

Yes you can, straight for the View Issues page in CSV. In addition you can export using PHPmyadmin or you can create a plugin to do this.
There is also a Query plugin which allows you to define queries and run them when required or as a scheduled job
There is also the xml import/export plugin, have a look @ that.
jcordes74

Post by jcordes74 »

Cas thank you so much for the response.
My team wants to create a script so that whenever someone enters a ticket into Mantis, it automatically will send all of that data to a data base. Which of the options you sent do you think would be best for that?
cas

Post by cas »

Then I would suggest to create a plugin which takes all data and sends it out in the correct format. Be aware that you may need to send the data after creation and after updates of a ticket.
Question is what the reason for this activity is and if that reason cannot be serviced from Mantis directly by creating reports.
jcordes74

Post by jcordes74 »

We need the data to be exported to a separate data base, and then be able to be manipulated through said data base. Could the reports from Mantis do that? If yes then that sure would save me a lot of time :)
I'm a total amateur and need some help creating a plugin. Do you know of any resources or tools or links that could help me create a plugin for Mantis?
cas

Post by cas »

Mantis can store data in csv format or even XLS and save it in a network location where your database could pick it up. It all depends on what you need and when. Do you have a design paper for your requirement?