Issue status not changed to assigned when issue is assigned using Assign To button

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

ntushar

Issue status not changed to assigned when issue is assigned using Assign To button

Post by ntushar »

Hello,

We use MantisBT version 2.25.4 with PHP version 8.1.2. We noticed that After user submits new issue. Project Manager selects the developer from drop down list to whom issue has to be assigned and click on "Assign To" button, With this issue is correctly assigned to the developer. However it does not change the issue status to Assigned. Issue status remains as "New". Issue status is changed to assigned only when project manager click on "Change Status To". Is this the expected behavior?

Regards,
Tushar
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Issue status not changed to assigned when issue is assigned using Assign To button

Post by atrol »

It seems that it works the expected way if no one is assigned before.

If someone is assigned and the status is changed to some other value than assigned after that, then "Assign to" does no longer change the status.
Do you confirm this behavior?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
ntushar

Re: Issue status not changed to assigned when issue is assigned using Assign To button

Post by ntushar »

I confirm your below described behavior i.e. If someone is assigned and the status is changed to some other value than assigned after that, then "Assign to" does no longer change the status.

However do you confirm if this is the expected behavior i.e. Whenever new issue is submitted, when we select user from drop down list and click "Assign To" button. This assign the issue but does not change issue status to assigned. Issue status remains as new.

Or the expected behavior is that Whenever new issue is submitted, when we select user from drop down list and click "Assign To" button. This assign the issue and should also change issue status to assigned.

Kindly confirm.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I am not able to reproduce

Create new issue: Status = new, Assigned to = empty
Select user in Assign To Dropdown (was empty, then shows the selected user)
Click Assign To: Status = assigned, Assigned to = selected user

Maybe you have configured auto-assigned users by category?

I have to say that I did not try 2.25.4 but my latest 2.26 developer environment, but I dont' expect it makes any difference.
ntushar

Post by ntushar »

We have configured auto-assigned users by category. however i removed this setting of auto assign by category but still same issue.

To change status to assigned we have to click on Change Status To: and select Assigned and select user for whom to assign this issue and thereafter issue status is changed to assigned.

By clicking on Assign To: and selecting user to assign the issue issue status is not changed to assigned. Please find attached image to understand issue better.
Attachments
mantis-issue.png
mantis-issue.png (51.45 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

ntushar wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:08 We have configured auto-assigned users by category. however i removed this setting of auto assign by category but still same issue.
I expect the same issue when talking about existing old issues.
But do you get it also for new issues?
ntushar

Post by ntushar »

atrol wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:22
ntushar wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:08 We have configured auto-assigned users by category. however i removed this setting of auto assign by category but still same issue.
I expect the same issue when talking about existing old issues.
But do you get it also for new issues?
Yes i get this problem for new issues as well.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Your screenshot shows that someone (tushar) is already assigned.
The questions was, if it works if no one is assigned.
ntushar

Post by ntushar »

atrol wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 14:55 Your screenshot shows that someone (tushar) is already assigned.
The questions was, if it works if no one is assigned.
It does not work if no one is assigned. Kindly find attached two screenshots. First screenshot is when new issue is reported and no one is assigned. Second screenshot is after We click on Assign To: and select user to assign the issue issue status is not changed to assigned.
Attachments
mantis-issue2.png
mantis-issue2.png (41.7 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
mantis-issue1.png
mantis-issue1.png (44.53 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Did you change option $g_auto_set_status_to_assigned or $g_bug_assigned_status in config_inc.php and/or Workflow Threshold page?

If not, did you change option $g_status_enum_workflow workflow in config_inc.php and/or Workflow Transitions page?
ntushar

Post by ntushar »

You are correct . $g_auto_set_status_to_assigned was set to OFF after i changed to ON this issue is resolved.

Many thanks for your help.