Migrating from Mantis 1.1.1 on LAMP to newest on WIMP

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jclifford

Migrating from Mantis 1.1.1 on LAMP to newest on WIMP

Post by jclifford »

I am trying to migrate an existing application which is being hosted on Mantis 1.1.1 running on an Ubuntu 14 VM. I need to migrate the entire application to a Windows Server 2019 VM. Needless to say, most packages are severely out of date, and I have been running into what I believe are version compatibility issues during attempted migration. I have so far tried restoring a MySQLdump on a WIMP server running latest versions of all components, and on a version-matched deployment with the exception of Mantis using version 1.3 as that was the oldest available. Both times I received a mismatch error from mantis saying a UTF8 encoding was needed, and a Latin1 encoding was used. I've attempted to set the export type to UTF8 with --default-character-set=utf8 in the MySQLdump command, but it still seems to be coming out Latin1. I do still have the tarball from the 1.1.1 installation, but I have so far been unable to locate installation instructions for that version. Can anyone here please provide a few suggestions?
cas

Re: Migrating from Mantis 1.1.1 on LAMP to newest on WIMP

Post by cas »

Suggest you first get your Mantis 1.1.1 running as is under WIMP.
Next you start upgrading as described in the manual, that should do the trick