Capability to filter type of attachment

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sintaq

Capability to filter type of attachment

Post by sintaq »

Hi @SL-Gundam,

Is there any plan to add Capability to filter type of attachment before actually add attachment to note via Email Reporting?
SL-Gundam

Re: Capability to filter type of attachment

Post by SL-Gundam »

That functionality is already present in the base MantisBT code.
See $g_allowed_files and $g_disallowed_files here: https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... loads.html
sintaq

Post by sintaq »

Indeed but thats will impacting the existing add note in MantisBT

What i meant was, EmailReporting to has its own filtering option.

My scenario is like this, users are always replying emails in html format, hence when pick up by EmailReporting, the its repetitive.

Similar to this https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=21631

So i was thinking, if, EmailReporting able to filter out image,png, gif (those images related) before adding the attachment. Indeed, intended image wont be added but, if users attached it as .docx,pdf,zip attachment..then EmaiLReporting would let it passs through
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

EmailReporting is designed with the idea that it should emulate MantisBT functionality as much as possible.
The only extra filtering we built into EmailReporting is a file filter based on MD5 hashes. This was designed to filter out images in your email signatures.

There is currently a "rule system" in development but its taking a lot longer then initially hoped
sintaq

Post by sintaq »

fair enough @SL-Gundam

Thanks for the clarification