EmailReporting associating the email address with the project

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

c3ltis

EmailReporting associating the email address with the project

Post by c3ltis »

Hi.
At the outset, I would like to welcome all the users of this forum.

I have a question how to solve the problem with the automatic creation of new tickets.

Let me start with an example:
Project 1 for clients with the domain xxx@aaa.com
Project 2 for clients with the domain xxx@bbb.com

I would like to set the program so that when an e-mail with an application comes from xxx@aaa.com it will automatically be assigned to the project 1.

I would like to set the program so that when an e-mail with an application comes from xxx@bbb.com it will automatically be assigned to the project 2.

I have been looking for a solution to this problem for a long time. The problem is so bothersome that even manually as an administrator I cannot change the project for the ticket. On the other hand, manual changes are very time-consuming and generate a lot of mistakes.

Thx 4 any help.
SL-Gundam

Re: EmailReporting associating the email address with the project

Post by SL-Gundam »

This would be rather easy but depends on concessions you are willing to make

Important: The project and receiving mailbox is only important for initial issue creation. Notes are not related to projects or receiving mailboxes. So choose a generic email address for sending mantisbt notification emails.

Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@company.com. Use this email address for sending mantisbt notification emails.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@aaa.com and connect project 1 to that mailbox. All xxx@aaa.com should send emails to this email address.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@bbb.com and connect project 2 to that mailbox. All xxx@bbb.com should send emails to this email address.

EmailReporting would be collecting emails from 3 separate mailboxes.
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

Thank you for your response

But apparently I misinterpreted the projects they are for companies and employees of these companies send e-mails with information about errors. Several companies have several projects. My point was to assign tickets for a given pool of customer email addresses to a specific project.

We have companies A, B, C and projects 1,2,3. I would like to set up the machine with new notifications so that when an e-mail from company A comes in, it will assign it from the machine to project 1, and so on. I would like to add that all e-mails are sent by clients to one that is configured to receive and submit notifications.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

So that means you need one more mailbox in EmailReporting...

Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@company.com and connect a generic project just in case. Use mantis@company.com for sending mantisbt notification emails.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@aaa.com and connect project 1 to that mailbox. All xxx@aaa.com should send emails to mantis@aaa.com.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@bbb.com and connect project 2 to that mailbox. All xxx@bbb.com should send emails to mantis@bbb.com.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@ccc.com and connect project 3 to that mailbox. All xxx@ccc.com should send emails to mantis@ccc.com.
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

I would prefer there to be only one mail, following this example mantis@company.com, while e-mails would come from different customer mailboxes
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

One mailbox can only have one project so you would not get the desired result.

You could of course use IMAP but that would require moving emails to the proper folders.
But this could be automated with mailbox rules.
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

SL-Gundam wrote: 29 Apr 2021, 14:25 One mailbox can only have one project so you would not get the desired result.

You could of course use IMAP but that would require moving emails to the proper folders.
But this could be automated with mailbox rules.
How to configure imap to make it work that way ?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... rstructure
EmailReporting will create folders for every project in the given mailbox.

Then you need to add mailbox rules on the mail server that automatically moves emails to the desired folders

Out of curiosity. Why do you not want to add multiple mailboxes?
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

I don't really want to buy that many domains and ssl certificates.
I have one company domain and I want to handle requests within it. I thought that each client would have their own e-mail, e.g. aaa@company.com and this e-mail would be attached to the project. Because I don't see any other solution to this problem.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

If thats the problem its simple. (btw the previous solutions did not require SSL certificates at all)
You came with the idea for different domain names here viewtopic.php?p=71742#p71742 i was building on that.
So here is the one with one domain name

Create a receiving mailbox on email address mantis@company.com and connect a generic project just in case. Use mantis@company.com for sending mantisbt notification emails.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address aaa@company.com and connect project 1 to that mailbox. All xxx@aaa.com should send emails to aaa@company.com.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address bbb@company.com and connect project 2 to that mailbox. All xxx@bbb.com should send emails to bbb@company.com.
Create a receiving mailbox on email address ccc@company.com and connect project 3 to that mailbox. All xxx@ccc.com should send emails to ccc@company.com.
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

I have one more question not fully related. How can I set the client to receive notifications regarding only his request? When I add clients to the project, they get spam in the form of all submissions from all people added to the project :(
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Notifications are handled by MantisBT.
Can you share a screenshot of the "E-mail Notifications" page? (you might have to do this per project).
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

Screenshot_31.png
Screenshot_31.png (67 KiB) Viewed 29082 times
c3ltis

Post by c3ltis »

I wrote back to the client in the application and did not get anything on e-mail.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

You don't have any notifications set on access level.
Only reporters, handlers, monitors, notes issuers and category owners should receive emails.
Is a shared mailbox connected to one of them?
Are you sure you do not have any per project settings active?

My notifications look like this.
notifications.png
notifications.png (65.23 KiB) Viewed 29066 times