MySQL database version

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Bart Lieckens

MySQL database version

Post by Bart Lieckens »

The INSTALL file in the 1.0.0a1 package says the following about the MySQL requirements.

# --- Requirements ----------

* MySQL 3.23.2 and higher
* PHP 4.0.6 and higher
* a webserver

I think MySQL version 4.2.x or higher is needed, since the 1.0.0 version of Mantis is using nested queries.

Am I correct?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

I'm running my development version of 3.23.
Bart Lieckens

Post by Bart Lieckens »

The following query is causing an error message in my installation using MySQL 3.23.55:

Code: Select all

SELECT DISTINCT u.id, u.username, u.realname, u.access_level as access_level, l.access_level as override
FROM mantis_user_table u
LEFT JOIN ( mantis_project_table p LEFT JOIN mantis_project_user_list_table l ON p.id=l.project_id AND p.id = 1 ) ON l.user_id=u.id
WHERE ( ( u.access_level >= 55 ) OR ( l.access_level >= 55 AND l.user_id=u.id ) OR u.access_level>=90 ) AND u.enabled = 1 AND p.id = 1
This is the query that checks the access levels of a user all over the script.

Post by Guest »

Again, the following query is causing an error message in my installation using MySQL 3.23.55:
SELECT DISTINCT u.id, u.username, u.realname, u.access_level as access_level, l.access_level as override
FROM mantis_user_table u
LEFT JOIN ( mantis_project_table p LEFT JOIN mantis_project_user_list_table l ON p.id=l.project_id AND p.id = 1 ) ON l.user_id=u.id
WHERE ( ( u.access_level >= 55 ) OR ( l.access_level >= 55 AND l.user_id=u.id ) OR u.access_level>=90 ) AND u.enabled = 1 AND p.id = 1
This is the query that checks the access levels of a user all over the script.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

You're right. Please file a bug report in the tracker at http://bugs.mantisbt.org/ .