Invalid security token

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

timob

Invalid security token

Post by timob »

I've been using Mantis a while, one thing that is really annoying is the "invalid security token" error page after typing in a long description and hitting the submit button, some kind of Javascript is needed to not lose the data, or at least not allow the submission to proceed leaving the report page showing (so the text can be copied) is needed.

Thanks
scratchls

Re: Invalid security token

Post by scratchls »

I'm having the same problem on my 1.2.5 install (PHP 5.2.17)

Most of the bugs I've seen reported about this either are closed without explanation or say they are fixed in 1.18 or some other earlier version.

For now I turned off:

$g_form_security_validation = OFF;

It seems to have solved the issue, but I don't want this to be set permanently, as it is a security risk.
Thiagoros

Re: Invalid security token

Post by Thiagoros »

timob wrote: 03 Apr 2011, 03:25 I've been using Mantis a while, one thing that is really annoying is the "invalid security token" error page after typing in a long description and hitting the submit button, some kind of Javascript is needed to not lose the data, or at least not allow the submission to proceed leaving the report page showing (so the text can be copied) is needed.

Thanks
Getting the 'invalid security token' warning on Mantis can be annoying, especially after spending time writing a comprehensive description. A JavaScript solution to retain data or prevent submission loss would significantly improve the user experience. I appreciate the feedback!Fm Whatsapp Download