DokuWiki integration with projects

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

code4fun

DokuWiki integration with projects

Post by code4fun »

Hi,

Is there anyone that have made a functional setup with Mantis/DokuWiki where the project access level is used in DokuWiki.

As it is now a Mantis user that can access project A but not project B can see all pages in the Wiki.

Code4fun
MaKARON

Tests

Post by MaKARON »

I tested wiki & mantis integration, but... i have the same problem, and (ATM) i have no solution for this. Another problem - mantis & wiki must be on the same domain (probably not problem for most, but i like to have subdomains per project).
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

For having Mantis and the Wiki on two sub-domains, prefix the $g_cookie_domain value with a dot. This will tell the server that the cookie applies to example.com and all it's sub-domains.

Regarding the access level per project. This is not yet cleanly implemented. However, these are my thoughts:

1. Rather than having the access levels as VIEWER, REPORTER, UPDATER, DEVELOPER, MANAGER, ADMINISTRATOR. We should have PROJECTA_VIEWER, PROJECTB_VIEWER, etc. We can have PROJECTA_ADMINISTRATOR or just ADMINISTATOR.

2. When defining the access in dokuwiki make sure that PROJECTA_* have the appropriate access to Project A namespace in the wiki. Same for PROJECTB_*.

If you end up implementing this, please submit a patch and we will incorporate it into the next Mantis release.
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
code4fun

Post by code4fun »

Hi,

I've made a patch in mantis.class.php to support this, but as an extra group and uploaded the file at:

http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=8249

Setting all the permissions is a bit tricky and the guide in the Wiki could be better.

Code4fun