Question on functionality

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Carbon8

Question on functionality

Post by Carbon8 »

I am looking at mantis as a solution for a shared support site for plugin developers.
I know Mantis can handle multiple projects, but can each project have it's own login access so one developer cannot access another developers information/settings?

Also, does it have the ability to give member only access to certain projects?
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

Yes. If you make the projects private, only those linked to the project have access.
Carbon8

Post by Carbon8 »

Great! I assume this is true for both the developers and the public.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

This is true for all users below the following threshold:

# Threshold needed to be automatically included in private projects
$g_private_project_threshold = ADMINISTRATOR;

Regards,
Victor
MantisConnect
http://www.futureware.biz/mantisconnect
Carbon8

Post by Carbon8 »

This is nice. I've intalled it, which was very quick, and am going through the options. The only thing i see that doesn't work for me is that all notifications are global. I was really hoping that i could assign notifications to each project.

What i am doing...
I have an online community for developers of 3d plugins. I provide support forums for these developers so they can interact with their customers. The bug tracker is just an extension of this service. I will be providing bug tracking to each developer with sub projects for each product they develop. I might have 20 or 30 developers at the start using this, so i don't want developer X recieving notifications on bugs that are for developer Y.

I guess i could just intall this for each developer and let them use it on their own, but that would end up being a huge amount of databases.
vboctor
Site Admin

Post by vboctor »

Per project configurations are available in 1.0.0a2 release. This is a pre-release for 1.0.0.

There is also a web interface that allows you to configure email notifications.

Regards,
Victor
Checkout my Mantis Blog
http://www.futureware.biz/
Carbon8

Post by Carbon8 »

Ok. The version i installed this morning is 1.0.0a2
I guess i was a little confused, but now i see the global configuration is just that... Global.

I'll get in and play with a couple of dummy projects and see what else it can do. So far, it looks good though.
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

When you configure the email, the settings follow the project selector at the top of the page. If it says "All Projects", the settings are global. Otherwise, they are project specific. There is a sentence at the top of the list confirmind that.