transfer a project to another server- 2.26.0 to 2.25.2

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

fmildemberger

transfer a project to another server- 2.26.0 to 2.25.2

Post by fmildemberger »

Hello everybody!
I would appreciate it if anyone could help me....I have a mantis running on version 2.25.2 perfectly. I installed mantis on another server in version 2.26.0 to serve as an approval environment, thus avoiding damage to the production environment. In the approval environment I developed a project called HR and inserted several custom fields into it. I carried out a lot of tests to ensure that the project was ok. I need to transfer the project from version 2.26.0 (approval environment) to version 2.25.2 (production environment), how do I do this without losing the 43 custom fields?
cas

Re: transfer a project to another server- 2.26.0 to 2.25.2

Post by cas »

First of all, I would ensure that your approval and production system run on the same software to avoid any funny effects.
Clearly you can have a test system on a higher level (Mantis/PHP/MySql/etcetera) to see if your environment can be upgraded.
As for your request, there is a Clone project plugin (https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/Cloneproject) but this only clones a project within the same server. Perhaps you can add the option to that plugin to make it cross server. Nevertheless that still would require similar instances otherwise results will be unpredictable.