Parsing outlook invite

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

sintaq

Parsing outlook invite

Post by sintaq »

@sl-gundam

i would like to check with you whether there's plan to enhance emailreporting to parse outlook invite? i have a use case to extract the invite's contents then just add bugnote accordingly.

kindly advise. thanks
SL-Gundam

Re: Parsing outlook invite

Post by SL-Gundam »

Currently no plans for that.
You could create a pull request on github and make the necessary modifitions and push them into EmailReporting.

I am curious what the use case is. MantisBT/EmailReporting don't have any calendar functionality so personally don't really see the use.
It might be that EmailReporting imports an ics file but i'm unsure about that.
sintaq

Post by sintaq »

@SL-Gundam
alright and thanks for the clarifications.

my use case is like below;
i'm using MantisBT's time tracking to track the team and often the team will include EmailReporting email address in their email communications, including outlook invite. Thus the idea is, once EmailReporting processed the email, it will automatically extract the ics contents, particularly the meeting's start datetime and end datetime then calculate the duration and automatically include it in the bugnote_add. Hence the team, wouldnt need to manually edit their time spent.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Would be interesting to include this feature. If you make the necessary modifications please share them with us.
sintaq

Post by sintaq »

@SL-Gundam

at the moment, with some dirty modifications, i'm able to to capture the meeting invite > process and extract meeting start datetime and end datetime > pass the duration's value to bugnote_add.

now am stuck, how to handle canceled meeting invite, in which i should reverse the duration stamped earlier. tried to look at the bugnote_add function and table structure, time_tracking is in integer, so couldnt pass negative time spent to offset the duration stamped earlier.
sintaq

Post by sintaq »

@SL-Gundam,
some updates, i manage to handle cancelled or declined meeting invite scenarios accordingly. this was achieve via some modification in billing_api.php.

therefore, when my team extract their time tracking report, with modification of billing_api.php, the report will reduce/minus the earlier time spent stamped during acceptance.