Comments marked private being sent on ticket close - is this a plugin issue instead?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mushu

Comments marked private being sent on ticket close - is this a plugin issue instead?

Post by mushu »

Mantis 2.25.7, Email Reporting 0.11.0-DEV

So I just closed a ticket with "Resolved" status (though I doubt status matters as long as the statuscode is higher than the limit, etc, etc) and entered in the reason text and marked the box [Private] assuming the note text would be redacted in the closure email message. It was not, so I assume the customer also got that email and was able to see my comment text.

Is this a Mantis thing or is this an EmailReporting plugin thing? Never quite sure in these cases...if the plugin is to blame can an admin please move this to the proper forum for me? TIA!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Comments marked private being sent on ticket close - is this a plugin issue instead?

Post by atrol »

I was not able to reproduce using a standard MantisBT.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mushu

Re: Comments marked private being sent on ticket close - is this a plugin issue instead?

Post by mushu »

Thanks for testing that. Can you move this thread or do I need to enter a new post over there and have you close this one?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Are you sure it's caused by the Email Reporting plugin? Did you try without the plugin?
It could also be caused by your configuration or changes in original MantisBT code.
mushu

Post by mushu »

$g_private_bugnote_threshold = DEVELOPER;

^ that is a thing.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

The code line you are showing is the default setting of MantisBT from config_defaults_inc.php
I have no idea what you want to tell with "that is a thing".
cas

Post by cas »

That was the issue. Someone with that level will see private notes :D