Get Manage Configuration via API or via Database

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

castris

Get Manage Configuration via API or via Database

Post by castris »

Hi.

Due to the needs of the project I work on, I have to replicate the permissions model that users have in a Mantis installation.

I am referring to those that appear in Manage Configuration, and in particular
- Permission Report
- Workflow Thresholds
- Workflow Transitions. This is not important to me, but access level could be.
- Email notifications. It's not important but it can be.

I've tried search on tables but only see: xx_config_table, but is not for all questions.

Any help?
cas

Re: Get Manage Configuration via API or via Database

Post by cas »

In general a lot of that is derived from the roles. Default settings you can find in config_defaults_inc.php
castris

Post by castris »

Hi.
- Permissions Report,. config_defaults_inc.php
- Configuration report -> config_table
- WorkFlow Thresholds ????? I don't see it in tables and don't see where is stored. AFTER search on docs, i see 6.8.5.1. Workflow Thresholds. But I have tried to do a test by modifying a value in one of the elements, and I don't see anything being edited in the file. Of course I am an administrator of the service. >> Handle Issue $g_handle_bug_threshold threshold to handle (be assigned) an issue
- WorkFlow Transitions ????? I don't see it in tables and don't see where is stored. Same case of than the previous case.
- Manage columns ???? I don't see it in tables and don't see where is stored.

Can you get data from the API? Yes, I see that in the data I get when the user logs in via API.
But what I don't see is WHERE the global set of configuration data is stored.

It is certainly complicated when you tell me that "derived from roles" but you do not see a table of roles, skills, or other tables that by name or description could contain the storage of these logics.

I really appreciate your help, but I'm still stuck in a problem that I'm not able to get out of.
cas

Post by cas »

In case you make changes to the default (workflow) settings, they will be stored/updated in the config table so that is where you need to be.
As for columns, each user can do that under their My Account section. For more generic access, one needs to have access to the Manage pages.