APPLICATION ERROR #503

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Nucleide

APPLICATION ERROR #503

Post by Nucleide »

Hi,

When i try to create a project, i try to configure mantis for uploading the files by project on a specific directory.

In the Config file, i add the lines

$g_absolute_path_default_upload_folder = 'M:\AltTech\Mantis\Uploads'

When i create a new project i add the a new directory by default eg: '\Project1' and it return me the fallowing error message.

APPLICATION ERROR #503
Invalid upload path. Directory either does not exist or not writable to webserver

I'm wondering why it's not create the directory itself. It's not practicle to go to the server, create the directory and declare it when you create the project....

Thanks
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Is it possible that your web server service doesn't have the right permissions on the 'M:\AltTech\Mantis\Uploads' directory?

If you're using Windows / IIS, make sure that the IIS user is able to make the appropriate changes to the directory (I think by default it will not).
Nucleide

APPLICATION ERROR #503

Post by Nucleide »

Hi,

I use apache so i'm not sure how to setup folder security with apache...

Just to try, i allow everybody and System to have a full control over the directory and it still dont work.

Any idea?
Thanks
Narcissus
Developer

Post by Narcissus »

Hi Nucleide:

Just looked in the code and this is what seems to be the case: by setting a project path, you are OVERRIDING the default that you set in config_inc.php. So, in theory, you either use the same path for all projects, or you have to create a new directory for each project and define the complete path to that directory when creating the project.

Now, having said all that: there is no real need to have a different directory for each project. Mantis takes care to ensure that no one file overwrites another and so on, so it should be fine to just have that value in the config_inc.php file and leave the project value empty...