Exporting all Notes

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

jhparsons

Exporting all Notes

Post by jhparsons »

Hello!

I am trying to export all notes for selected issues when doing an export. When adding 'notes' to either the CSV or Excel columns, I receive a limited amount of notes for an issue (partial export). Issues with a long history and lots of notes do not export the full history of notes.

Is there a setting to change? A plugin to install?
Mantis: 2.24.4
PHP: 7.3.28
cas

Re: Exporting all Notes

Post by cas »

did you try either of these plugins:
XmlImportExport
Import/Export issues (2.25.2)
jhparsons

Post by jhparsons »

I have not tried those. I'm relatively new to Mantis. I'll give them a look. Thanks!

-edit- I can't seem to find them when looking in the GitHub repo. Where would I look?
Last edited by jhparsons on 25 Jan 2022, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Mantis: 2.24.4
PHP: 7.3.28
cas

Post by cas »

The first one is standard for mantis (at least for 2.2.4 and above) but attached here for you :mrgreen:
Attachments
XmlImportExport.zip
(100.26 KiB) Downloaded 526 times
mpensa

Post by mpensa »

Hey cas,
I'm working with jhparsons on this issue. We've tried using that plug in that you've attached but then we get an XMLreader and XMLwriter error. So I downloaded those and I'm still getting errors. Is there a specific way they need to be installed or does the xmlreader need to be nested in a certain file of the xmlimportexport files?
Any help here would be appreciated. Would be great help if we could get all of the notes to export correctly in the csv export but that's not working.
cas

Post by cas »

what do you want to do with the export? There is also a tool called phpoffice which allows to export data to Word, that will handle notes also quite good (i know cause I used that product).
mpensa

Post by mpensa »

I export a few of the data fields notes, description, ID, etc. and build ppt charts off of the excel file that is exported. The current issue were having is that the export csv option does not export all of the notes for each site report. If there was a good way to export the notes field to the excel file, then this would save loads of time.
cas

Post by cas »

can you share how you do this? I definitely can export all notes with phpmyadmin into excel so there should not be an issue.
mpensa

Post by mpensa »

I'm currently just using the 'Export CSV' button on the Mantis view issues page. You're using the phpMyAdmin to connect to your Mantis db and export that way?
cas

Post by cas »

Yes, that way (using phpmyadmin), you ignore mantis authorizations/filters. So in case there is a difference with the CSV Export button, you know where to look for the root cause.
mpensa

Post by mpensa »

Hey cas,
Just picking back up on this issue now that I'm getting admin access to our server. Using phpmyadmin, can you also import issues into the mantis database? Looking for a good way to import and update lots of issues at once. We have over 300 projects, so the csv importer is not a good option for us since you have to select the project for each import.
If so, can you please provide details on how you import?
cas

Post by cas »

Import I would not do with phpMyAdmin, use this plugin:
https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/csv-import
mpensa

Post by mpensa »

ah, okay. I've installed that plug-in but it doesn't work well for our use case. Having to import a different file for each project doesn't save much time for us since we have over 300 different projects. I was hoping there was a better way to import issues.
cas

Post by cas »

I never looked @ the plugin but perhaps it is easy to adjust so you can add one column with the project-id
tet-com@freemail.hu

Post by tet-com@freemail.hu »

Hi, I am also have some troubel to import issues.
When I import the csv file, the result in the database table "_bug_text_table" is stored with 'HTML-ENTITIES'. I want these to store in UTF-8 characters with Hungarian accented characters.
How can I solve these problem?