Emoji awards plugin is here

General discussion about MantisBT Plugins

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

andrzejkupczyk

Emoji awards plugin is here

Post by andrzejkupczyk »

Hi there, just released a new plugin that allows users to quickly give and receive feedback using emojis :arrow: :mrgreen:

Emojis can be awarded on comments (known as bugnotes or activities), but more "awardable" objects will be supported in the near future :idea:

Do you want to try it out? :) https://github.com/andrzejkupczyk/mantisbt-awards
Attachments
bugnotes.png
bugnotes.png (58.31 KiB) Viewed 12125 times
Consider :arrow: supporting my open-source projects <3
Skye

Re: Emoji awards plugin is here

Post by Skye »

This is cool! Consider me as giving you a thumbs_up emoji reaction ^.^

If you plan to develop it further in future, here are some suggestions. They are low priority, but would be neat to have:

- The emoji bar uses up a lot of space when at zero reacts. Consider having all 0 count emojis in a dropdown, and hide the bar if not in use. See github for a good example of how they do it.
- Being able to set non-emoji reacts (like a URL to an image file instead of a standardized emoji and a caption) would be neat.
- Agree it would be neat to be able to react to issues as well

Good stuff :)
andrzejkupczyk

Re: Emoji awards plugin is here

Post by andrzejkupczyk »

Thanks for the very constructive and motivating feedback <3
Consider having all 0 count emojis in a dropdown, and hide the bar if not in use.
Brilliant! :idea: I just need to find the perfect location for such a dropdown. The MantisBT plugin system gives limited possibilities :?
Being able to set non-emoji reacts (like a URL to an image file instead of a standardized emoji and a caption) would be neat.
The plugin configuration page is already in the "design phase". It will add many customization options in the future. Custom awards are definitely one of them :)

Thank you once again!
Consider :arrow: supporting my open-source projects <3