Spanish translation not updated from translatewiki

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Bithunter

Spanish translation not updated from translatewiki

Post by Bithunter »

Hello.
A Translatewiki user made changes to the Spanish translation of Mantis some time ago to adapt it to his work scenario. I corrected those errors to have a generic translation again and that is as close as possible to its meaning in English, also taking as a reference the translations of the software of large companies such as Microsoft. But the Translatewiki changes are not commited to the Github repository, so versions 2.25.1 and 2.25.2 contain those translation errors.
Could you update the Spanish translation in the Mantis distribution files?
Thank you.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Spanish translation not updated from translatewiki

Post by atrol »

Translations are updated just in the development branch, but not for older versions.
e.g. after releasing 2.25.0 ( 2021-03-08) all translations will be updated just in next expected version 2.26.0 but not in 2.25.1, 2.25.2, ...

This might explain what you see.

Do you see the changes in https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/bl ... panish.txt ?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Bithunter

Post by Bithunter »

atrol wrote: 18 Jun 2021, 18:57 Do you see the changes in https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/bl ... panish.txt ?
Atrol:
Yes, I see the changes.
But in the meantime, I think this particular file should be updated, even in a minor version (unless 2.26 is scheduled to be released soon).
As I said before, the author of the changes to the translation made them thinking of his own scenario, which causes a standard user not to understand how to use some features of MantisBT. I know I can download the strings_spanish.txt file and overwrite the buggy one, but not everyone knows that this can be done or how to do it.
Thanks
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Updating minor versions (non-master branch) is not done by Translatewiki and wouldn't be an easy task.

Keep in mind that new versions can introduce new strings, change existing strings (especially number of parameters in it) and delete existing strings.
So it can be more than just copying the files from one branch to another one.

I don't see that the small MantisBT core team has the capacity to do this additional work manually and to release a minor version just because of some changed strings.

Maybe @dregad is watching this and can comment, maybe give also a statement concerning release date of 2.26.0.
Bithunter

Post by Bithunter »

Almost two years have passed since my original post and the official distribution of Mantis BT continues to include a very bad Spanish translation.
Please include the translation available at TranslateWiki as soon as possible (before the release of version 2.6, which seems to be delayed).
Thank you
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Sorry to say, but I don't expect that someone will start working on that.