Unable to access DB

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dominatewallow

Unable to access DB

Post by dominatewallow »

Hello,

I am having issues with our mantis installation. version is 1.1.2. I am trying to log in to pull data from the DB but when I am getting errors from

Code: Select all

http://$servermantis/admin/check.php
about the DB connection being bad

(Opening connection to database [bugtracker] on host [localhost] with username [root]=BAD)
. This was an extremely old instance, and the root db password was lost, so I reset the root DB password, restarted the mysqld service, and verified I was able to login, and view the DB as well as the tables in the bugtracker DB.

mysqladmin -u root -p status
does return valid info about the DB, so the root password it good. I should also add that the mantis instance is running in a docker conatiner, and all commads have been ran through the docker container directly

However, the issue I was seeing is

"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'"
I did a

"chmod -R 777 /var/lib/mysql/"
restarted the service, and the issue has now changed to

"Opening connection to database [bugtracker] on host [localhost] with username [root] failed ( Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) ). 
"

I am at a standstill, I have tried what I can and I am still unable to login to the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!