ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access mantisbt.org

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

keessonnema

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access mantisbt.org

Post by keessonnema »

A few weeks ago we updated to Mantisbt 2.25. We have custom changes in our installation, so I opened each change in a new browser tab, but apparently this blocked my connection to the server.

Is there any way to contact Mantisbt to ask if we could be whitelisted? To me it looks like the server is a little too agressive if it comes to requests.

I hope someone can help me.
evanbung

Re: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT when trying to access mantisbt.org

Post by evanbung »

This is not a problem with your web-browser, but usually it means that there are problems at the client side, such as internet connection issues or an issue with the server where your WordPress site is hosted. This error means that your web-server request take too much time and so your internet browser timed-out the current connection. When a request is sent to the web-server , and it does not respond within 30 seconds, then the browser terminates the communication attempt. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. Also in those cases, you received the error and it says This site can't be reached. Rebooting your modem or router generally solves this issue and then you can connect to the website. Try the following simple solutions in the order in which they are listed.
  • Clear Browser Cache
  • Check your Security programs
  • Restart your router
  • Disable Proxy Settings
Moreover, to ensure that the web service is running normally, if it is running normally, check whether the 80 port rule exists, and if the server operator has a security group policy, you also need to add the release 80 port.