Replying to email notification when using multiple emailboxes in EmailReporting plugin

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

fahmad

Replying to email notification when using multiple emailboxes in EmailReporting plugin

Post by fahmad »

I have installed MantisBT(2.24.0) and Email Reporting(0.10.1) plugin in our local data center. I was able to setup both email notification as well as email reporting and I am able to send email notification and report issues through email.

The reporter is able to add note by replying to the notification he receives in his email when only 1 emailbox is configured in EmailReporting and both email notification as well as email reporting are configured to use same user/credentials.

I am unable to comprehend how things will work in the scenario mentioned below.

Email Notification Setting:
$g_smtp_username = 'xyz@mydomain.com

Email Reporting Plugin:
Configured two IMAP emailboxes:
  1. email1@mydomain.com
  2. email2@mydomain.com

In this case smtp(notification) user and imap(email reporting) users are different, when a reporter will reply over to the notification he will always reply to xyz@mydomain.com(as it will always be the sender) irrespective of whether the issue was reported to email id email1@mydomain.com or email2@mydomain.com initially, as a result the note will not be added the issue.
SL-Gundam

Re: Replying to email notification when using multiple emailboxes in EmailReporting plugin

Post by SL-Gundam »

I'm unsure how i missed this one but just to be sure here is an answer to your questions

Usually i set up one account for sending emails, eg. email@mydomain.com (could also one of the mentioned receiving mailboxes if thats not an issue)
After that i set up EmailReporting with the 2 mailboxes mentioned.

So basically EmailReporting wil check 3 mailboxes (or 2 if you used one the mentioned mailboxes as the reply address).
Notes are not connected to specific projects so once an email is linked to an existing ticket it does not matter on which mailbox it was received.