Bug Fix Needed - Search Functionality Not Working

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

mrothwell

Bug Fix Needed - Search Functionality Not Working

Post by mrothwell »

Hello!

We recently upgraded our version of Mantis to the latest and greatest view. With this update, I have noticed that the Search box at the top of the Filters section (see attached screenshot) does not work. For instance, if I enter 'Flood', I would expect all bugs that have 'Flood' in the Summary or Description to remain. Instead, ALL of our bugs remain.

However, if I expand the Filters section and use the Search box in the bottom-left-hand corner, the Search functionality works as expected.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Michael Rothwell
Attachments
Mantis_Forum_Search.jpg
Mantis_Forum_Search.jpg (27 KiB) Viewed 8122 times
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Bug Fix Needed - Search Functionality Not Working

Post by atrol »

mrothwell wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 20:04 to the latest and greatest view.
Do you mean latest official released version 2.19.0 or some newer one (e.g.latest nightly build or latest source)?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mrothwell

Post by mrothwell »

Hello, atrol!

I assume we are on 2.19.0, but how can I confirm? Our web developer is the one managing our account, so I have limited access and there is not a version number at the bottom of the web page.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

There are various ways to find out the version.
The easiest one is to visit the "Manage" page.
Maybe you don't have access rights for this page.

I was not able to reproduce the issue in 2.19.0, but encountered some other issues around this functionality in collapsed mode (visibility of the search field).

There are quite a lot of changes concerning the filter UI in next version 2.20.0, e.g. the visibility issue will be fixed. https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=25109

You could try if you can reproduce the issue on latest internal Mantis version (preview of 2.20.0) at https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view_all_bug_page.php
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
mrothwell

Post by mrothwell »

It appears to be working in the preview of 2.20.0 that you provided. We'll be sure to update our environment when that update is ready. Thank you, atrol.