Developer behavior

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

truefriend-cz

Developer behavior

Post by truefriend-cz »

I would like to know your opinion on the developer"s behavior "atrol".

Why does she behave like this?...

Begin: https://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtop ... =3&t=26064
End: https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php? ... 4#bugnotes
Mantis version: 2.23.0, OS: Windows, PHP: 7.3, Charset (PHP, Database): UTF-8, and: little, bad english
truefriend-cz

Re: Developer behavior

Post by truefriend-cz »

Mantis version: 2.23.0, OS: Windows, PHP: 7.3, Charset (PHP, Database): UTF-8, and: little, bad english
cas

Post by cas »

He has been quite patient in my view. If you do not provide detailed step by step hat you did, support in such cases is just impossible. No need to call someone a dick, you did not provide enough info to help you :roll:
All people are volunteers who try to do their best to help you. What is expected on the other hand is at least a bit of respect :evil:
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

Step by step reporting is 2x:

1x : https://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtop ... 064#p67003
2x : https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=25184#c61209
(URL 1x on this forum ignored and redirecting problem to BugTrace system where step by stem 2x and no testing but directly select ticket as Solved)
before atrol has been ignored only and set tickets (both) as solved. I am tested now for

now report 3x:
There are only two steps.
1. installing Mantis (descripted as CLEAN INSTALL)
2. adding two projects, no settings, no parameters, etc.
and trying to add parameters to a clean Mantis installation from this Wizard viewtopic.php?f=4&t=24913&p=63049&hilit ... lds#p63049
its all.

If atrol has been ignored i deleted Mantis and created this topic.
I tested the problem again. I installed the product again. Reset the server without any changes (no step by step). And the error was confirmed.

After some users tried to challenge me and defend the developer, I took the steps again and discovered the error again. I do not know what I'm doing wrong. And I do not know why the developer identifies the issue as solved when the problem exists. Why do you support developers in ignoring an error? Steps problem is here on this forum and the BugTrace system.

Why ?
cas wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 10:03 He has been quite patient in my view. If you do not provide detailed step by step hat you did, support in such cases is just impossible. No need to call someone a dick, you did not provide enough info to help you :roll:
All people are volunteers who try to do their best to help you. What is expected on the other hand is at least a bit of respect :evil:
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

It's still the same: I am not able to reproduce the issue, not even on your own installation, see https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=25184#c61220

So for the very last time:
I don't tell that there is no bug in Mantis, but I tell that I am not able to reproduce the issue.
You have to provide detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the issue!

@cas thanks for your support.
It's even worse, what this user is doing,
Not just telling me a dick, but also things like "kind of idiot", "take a vacation or suicide" and that I am a criminal.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

atrol wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 15:53 It's still the same: I am not able to reproduce the issue, not even on your own installation, see https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=25184#c61220

So for the very last time:
I don't tell that there is no bug in Mantis, but I tell that I am not able to reproduce the issue.
You have to provide detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the issue!

@cas thanks for your support.
It's even worse, what this user is doing,
Not just telling me a dick, but also things like "kind of idiot", "take a vacation or suicide" and that I am a criminal.
Yes. Because it degrades the activity of all those who are involved in some form of development at Mantis only at the level of error reporting. The author should be glad that his product uses users and not to ignore his own problems.

Repairs are not only from developers but also from people who use your product. I do not understand why Mantis should have many options when you ignore it when some settings do not work. What does it mean? Challenge users to be nasty to you? I was originally just reporting the problem, that you can not test it enough and you need to reproduce etc. problems so you are a developer and not me. I assume that at least 10% of you know what you are doing, and when the user who encounters something for the first time can only guess what the problem might be. If I knew what the problem was, I would fix it myself.

I do not know what else you need to give me a report on what I do and what the error is. You would have been as I mentioned an idiot, or you are not completely psychic alright. I'm dealing with other developers, GitHub and my own developer in another area of ​​the product, and I did not have a problem with it.

Enden words, reporting:
No same fields for anonymous and registered users on bug_report_page.php.
In the settings adm_config_report.php is for all users by project same.

If visit bug_report_page.php as anonymous then this user used global arrays fields. But in adm_config_report.php is defined individual array settings by project and this your script ignored. Why?

Why is fo royou atrol problem testing your product???
Use any configuration Mantis (v2.19.0) going to Manage--> manage configurations-->Configuration report and add "bug_report_page_fields" item and type "Complex" with Array

Code: Select all

array (
0 => 'category_id',
1 => 'view_state',
2 => 'handler',
3 => 'priority',
4 => 'severity',
8 => 'product_version',
9 => 'product_build',
10 => 'target_version',
11 => 'summary',
12 => 'description',
13 => 'additional_info',
14 => 'steps_to_reproduce',
15 => 'attachments',
16 => 'due_date',
)
for all users for one project, logout and visit bug_report_page.php page as anonymous and you show that the desired setting is not made.

This have in bug_report_page_fields this array for better testing for indicating items:

Code: Select all

array (
  0 => 'attachments',
  1 => 'priority',
  2 => 'view_state',
)
WHY YOU ATROL NOT TESTING THIS PROBLEM OF YOUR PRODUCT AND YOU MARKED MY REQUEST AS "SOLVED" ????????????????

WHY I MUST "STEP BY STEP" AS IDIOT REPEATEDLY FOR YOU 4x ???? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Do you have any mental problems or are you curing something? In my opinion you are not mentally well.
Last edited by truefriend-cz on 13 Jan 2019, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

ATROL, I BEFORE VISIT bug_report_page.php AS ANONYMOUS CLEAN (FULL CLEAN) CACHE, HISTORY (etc. without passwords) FROM BROWSER.

Do you also delete it? I also showed that this problem did not do but when I deleted the cache or the like or I visited the site as a foreign user so I showed a global layout of items (as Anonymous).

I tested on two Browsers. Chrome and Firefox.
In the Chrome i am logged as administrator and configure arrays.
In the Firefox visit bug_report_page.php as anonymous. After any changes as administrator, Close page, (full) clean history, cache, etc. and visit page now.

For extended testing i switched browser and testing now.
It was the same problem. When I just restored the page or I just logged off the administrator account and visited the site as anonymous it seemed to be showing it all right. If i clear the cache, history, and reload the page problem show it now.
To further verify the problem, I've visited the site as an anonymous visitor even from pre-installed browser Edge.

Bug is if:
If you open http://sg4-cz.tk/bugs/bug_report_page.php any browser where before is cleaned histroy, cache, etc. then showed items as default.

All right if:
If you open http://sg4-cz.tk/bugs/bug_report_page.php any browser where before login as administrator and logout and show page by project as anonymous show page items all right, no bug.

After clean histroy and cache and reload page show bad (bug is) items.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Finally you succeeded in providing enough information to reproduce the issue.
I summarized what I know until now at https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=25184#c61224
truefriend-cz wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 16:46 WHY YOU ATROL NOT TESTING THIS PROBLEM OF YOUR PRODUCT
This is not my project, Mantis is a community project driven by volunteers working in their free time for it.
Like you, I am a user of the product.
The difference is just, that I contribute to the product by supporting other users, implementing new features, fixing bugs, enhancing translation and documentation, while you are treating other users in an inacceptable way.
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

In that case, your meaning is unnecessary, as you mark the tickets as solved when the error exists. Your benefit to the community is not beneficial.

You have little confidence in your users and you are selected that the product has no problem. Without testing your product yourself, or at least letting your users test the problem properly.

This is not the first time.

Do you can reopen my tickets on Bugtrace (https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/) system?

Edit: Thanks
cas

Post by cas »

Truefriend-cz, the community is quite pleased with someone as Atrol. Apart from the knowledge (and time) he brings to the foum, the fact that he kept on answering you is more than I would be capable off.
If your name would mean anything at all then please behave as a true friend of mantis and stop bashing people like you have been doing.
In my view you do owe an apology to Atrol :oops:
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

cas wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 10:12 Truefriend-cz, the community is quite pleased with someone as Atrol. Apart from the knowledge (and time) he brings to the foum, the fact that he kept on answering you is more than I would be capable off.
If your name would mean anything at all then please behave as a true friend of mantis and stop bashing people like you have been doing.
In my view you do owe an apology to Atrol :oops:
I will not compete with you about who is right and who does not. I could also defend myself by using Mantis in my free time. As well as describing bug and free registration on the forum and bugtrace system. No one's paying for me either. It's the place where the bugs are handled and it's about the product that maybe thousands of people use in the world to help them fix bugs in other projects. Ignoring the seriousness of this problem is your thing. My thing is to warn of the error so that it can be resolved. I would never have thought that any of the developers select an existing bug as fixed/solved. What I'm talking about is responsibility. If you are defending a developer by making a claim without being resolved, you are also irresponsible. Maybe even more, because his irresponsibility can flow from your unlimited support even in things that are not quite right.

How would you personally like when you have a problem and who you are going to and have the power to solve your problem has been solved and presented it so that it is your inability at the time you encountered the problem and you are trying to find some solution. (you do not know the cause of the problem yourself). And whoever has the problem to deal with would not act according to some rules that can affect the occurrence of an error. Do you want to compete? I do not. I'm not dealing with anything other than a mistake in Mantis. If a developer has the problem to test it properly, I wrote a solution, maybe next time he is test it as described. It's also a feedback for him. How can he test him so that he will not miss any error at this level next time. If you were not what you were going to do, you would not be publishing with unlimited support from the developer, but you will be looking for what could be improved or repaired.

Or what is the meaning of this forum and bugtrace system? If I wanted to go to the coffee bar and talk to all my friends and buddies how one smiles or frowns, I go to the café and not here.

Try to sometimes support users and not just developers. You may be more interested in the attitude of democracy and not some rebellions, unless you come from a state where communism dominates.

My first approach was neither evil nor bad words. I was angry at the very moment when he select problem as solved when he was not solved. I myself am the developer of a product, and such an approach, marking an existing problem as solved, is unthinkable.

Why do you think I"m looking for a quality bugtrace system ???
Because I"m an idiot in my affairs and I want them to work better. Which is probably not going to happen if I have a system that will have bugs and developers (or their helpers) will approach as idiots.

Sorry for bad english.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

truefriend-cz wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 09:41as you mark the tickets as solved when the error exists
The ticket was never marked as fixed/solved.
Status has been set multiple times to feedback to get the information from you to be able to reproduce the issue.
After not getting this information and after you told, that you stopped using Mantis there was hardly any chance to reproduce.
So the issue was set to "Status: Resolved / Resolution: Unable to Reproduce"
This means that we don't know if there is a bug in the product or if there is a problem in operating environment (OS, web server, PHP, database, ...) or if there is a configuration problem or what else might explain the behaviour.

In this state, the reporter has still the opportunity to click the "Reopen" button and to enter additional information how to reproduce the issue.
This is a quite normal workflow in our bugtracker.

Even if you think that this workflow is not a good one, there is still no reason to attack me in this rude way.
cas

Post by cas »

Why do you think I"m looking for a quality bugtrace system ???
Because I"m an idiot in my affairs and I want them to work better. Which is probably not going to happen if I have a system that will have bugs and developers (or their helpers) will approach as idiots.
My last 2 cents on this. Looking at the community, mantis is a quality system. On top of that totally free. It can cover a lot of different scenarios but definately not all. It is relative easily possible to extend the system with plugins. Support is by the community and still free.
My main point is that bashing people that spend their time to support you, is just not acceptable.
There are companies that offer paid support for opensource software (check the web), perhaps they can help you on your terms :mrgreen:
If you are defending a developer by making a claim without being resolved, you are also irresponsible. Maybe even more, because his irresponsibility can flow from your unlimited support even in things that are not quite right.
Nobody is perfect but the ticket was not closed so please be accurate in what you state.
This is now clkosed for me, an irreponsible support volunteer :D
truefriend-cz

Post by truefriend-cz »

atrol wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 11:29
truefriend-cz wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 09:41as you mark the tickets as solved when the error exists
The ticket was never marked as fixed/solved.
Status has been set multiple times to feedback to get the information from you to be able to reproduce the issue.
After not getting this information and after you told, that you stopped using Mantis there was hardly any chance to reproduce.
So the issue was set to "Status: Resolved / Resolution: Unable to Reproduce"
This means that we don't know if there is a bug in the product or if there is a problem in operating environment (OS, web server, PHP, database, ...) or if there is a configuration problem or what else might explain the behaviour.

In this state, the reporter has still the opportunity to click the "Reopen" button and to enter additional information how to reproduce the issue.
This is a quite normal workflow in our bugtracker.

Even if you think that this workflow is not a good one, there is still no reason to attack me in this rude way.
The error, including how the error occurs, has been adequately described. That you are not able to test the problem thoroughly in conditions simulating the situation in which a user may encounter the problem. Alternatively, ask other users whether they can test the problem and verify the problem. You have just denoted the ticket as solved. You still wanted to reproduce and reproduce. Up to the level you forced me to be interested in the product. Your actions will come to me irrational. Not only at this level. But also on the level that if you do not have the motivation to solve the problem and you point out that you are devoting your product in your spare time and therefore you have no motivation or desire to devote to the product, I recommend that you take care of the development of the product and leave it take care of people who are interested or liking your product. Even if they spend their free time. The fact that you have spent your free time I did not want you to. You have determined yourself. If you have a free time to tell someone tohelle, you can blame yourself or your developers because that's what I react to. Not me. I just encountered a bug of developers and I also encounter your mistake. At the level of problem-solving as solved although not solved. You and your developers personally test your product at such a level whether for money or your free time that when you publish a project or information it should not be nonsense or it should not be broken. Errors happen and the state can and from this is the system. But I do not think that if someone just says there is a bug in the product and is not able to describe enough the mistake of closing the ticket with the problem being solved. So, if you are not mentally ill or idiot.

You personally rejected the mistake only at the stage when I presented that Mantis had a mistake. And he gave some basic information about the error. I gradually came to the error. I was not motivated to use Mantis anymore if you do not believe me, etc.

First there was a redirect to the Bugtrace system where you immediately marked the ticket as 'solved' right after the first post.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

truefriend-cz wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 12:46 The error, including how the error occurs, has been adequately described.
Maybe for you, as you had a lot in your head, but did not write it.
You started with
If adding bug_report_page_fields in Configuration report by project then it is not working.
If adding bug_report_page_fields in Configuration report for all projects (with same configuration) then working ok (but for all projects only).
There was hardly any way at this moment to reproduce the issue, especially as you did not mention that you are using anonymous users
to report issues (documented as not recommended).
Furthermore as we can see now in the issue, there are even more conditions to be able to reproduce it.

You can't expect that someone will start testing any combinations of settings and workflows to reproduce your issue if you don't provide enough information.
If you do expect it, I recommend to stop using Mantis as you will never get what you expect.
truefriend-cz wrote: 14 Jan 2019, 12:46 You have just denoted the ticket as solved.
Again, this is not true as anybody can see in the history of the issue.

I will stop this conversation from my side as it's a waste of my time and the time I can invest for Mantis.
If you want to feel as the winner of this discussion, feel free to do so (you certainly will).