Hide fields and fields order

General discussion of Mantis.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

emphyrio

Hide fields and fields order

Post by emphyrio »

Hello,

I can't find the answers in the documentation...
Is there a way to:

1) Hide standard fields (not custom)? For example, in a specific project, I don't need the Profile fields (Platform, OS, OS version).
2) Reorder fields? For example, I would like one of my custom fields to be the first (above Category) in the report form.

Thank you,
Emphyrio
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Hide fields and fields order

Post by atrol »

emphyrio wrote:1) Hide standard fields (not custom)? For example, in a specific project, I don't need the Profile fields (Platform, OS, OS version).
Goto page Manage > Manage Configuration > Configuration Report
Enter the following values, after that click "Create Configuration Option"
profiles.png
profiles.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 9906 times
emphyrio wrote:2) Reorder fields? For example, I would like one of my custom fields to be the first (above Category) in the report form
Not possible by changing configuration options. You would have to change source of Mantis or write a plugin that uses JavaScript to rearrange the page.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Starbuck

Post by Starbuck »

atrol wrote:Not possible by changing configuration options. You would have to change source of Mantis or write a plugin that uses JavaScript to rearrange the page.
That reminds me that there is a FireFox add-on called stylish for user-side re-skinnnng of websites.
For internal sites that might be easier to use than writing a plugin.
If the stylish code is open then it would really be cool if someone were to create a MantisBT plugin with it (or just create a stylish theme and post it o their site).
HTH

EDIT: Stylish is available for Chrome, Baidu, Firefox, and Opera
This could be an alternative to a plugin or custom code for this very popular request.
emphyrio

Post by emphyrio »

Hello Atrol,

Thank you, it worked! :D
But I now have two more questions :

- Where can I find the "Configuration option" I just created? I can't see it anywhere...
- Where can I find the correct way to name other fields/settings like "enable_profiles"?

Thank you.
Emphyrio
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
emphyrio

Post by emphyrio »

Many thanks, Atrol! :D
GoodFeel

Post by GoodFeel »

atrol wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 21:35
emphyrio wrote:1) Hide standard fields (not custom)? For example, in a specific project, I don't need the Profile fields (Platform, OS, OS version).
Goto page Manage > Manage Configuration > Configuration Report
Enter the following values, after that click "Create Configuration Option"
profiles.png
emphyrio wrote:2) Reorder fields? For example, I would like one of my custom fields to be the first (above Category) in the report form
Not possible by changing configuration options. You would have to change source of Mantis or write a plugin that uses JavaScript to rearrange the page.
Hi Atrol,

Your PNG file is broken. Can you please give the configuration to hide standard fields in a specific project ?

Thanks in advance.