Can we fetch multiple folders with email plugin?

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Ancy

Can we fetch multiple folders with email plugin?

Post by Ancy »

Dear All,

I hope this topic finds yoi well :)
Can we fetch multiple folders from the same email account using email reporting plugin?if yes, how?
Can we fetch emails from 2 folders and put these two under different projects?if yes, how?
Can we fetch issues from multiple email accounts? if yes, how?
How can we change the layout of send mails from mantis?

hope i will get a positive repsonse.

Thanks in advance,
Ancy
SL-Gundam

Re: Can we fetch multiple folders with email plugin?

Post by SL-Gundam »

1. Processing emails issue
If the same emails are processed every time then something is wrong with reading the emails. Usually it runs into an error at some point which causes the processing to be interrupted.
Please check whether http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... ail_delete is set to Yes. If it is set to No, set it to Yes
Please also run a "Complete test" and see whether it runs to completion without errors. Check the php errorlog if display_errors is turned off in PHP
We can check this issue together if you wish.

2. Can we fetch multiple folders from the same email account using email reporting plugin?if yes, how?
POP3 only processes the inbox folder. If you want other folders to be fetched you need to use IMAP.

3. Can we fetch emails from 2 folders and put these two under different projects?if yes, how?
Using IMAP you can set up multiple mailboxes in EmailReporting towards one actual mailbox and tell it to fetch different folders in each. These then can be processed to different projects as you see fit.
Another way is to use http://www.mantisbt.org/wiki/doku.php/m ... rstructure. You can set up a base folder and EmailReporting will create for every existing project in MantisBT a subfolder. Every subfolder will be checked for emails and processed to the corresponding project in MantisBT

4. Can we fetch issues from multiple email accounts? if yes, how?
You can set up as many mailboxes in EmailReporting as you wish. Do keep in mind that this extends the runtime of bug_report_mail.php. If you run the script through command line then runtime should not be an issue, though browser (eg. lync ---dump) this could become an issue. Also i believe you have set the cronjob to run every minute. It might be a good idea to set to that to every 5 minutes. It would be bad if the script is still running and another one is triggered already. This something you will need to monitor in the beginning to see what would be best for you

5. How can we change the layout of send mails from mantis?
EmailReporting handles the processing from Emails to MantisBT. It does nothing with emails send from MantisBT.
There are other plugins which change the MantisBT notifications but i'm unsure whether they are maintained and work with MantisBT 2.x.x
https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=12830
I remember another one but can't find it right now.
Ancy

Re: Can we fetch multiple folders with email plugin?

Post by Ancy »

Wunderbar!! Hero