Email reporting

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

SL-Gundam

Re: Email reporting

Post by SL-Gundam »

If you give me more information about the issue is with setting up the job in task scheduler maybe i can give you some advise
alex.culley

Post by alex.culley »

Ok so I deleted the task and I can manually run the script. At least a few times before I am locked out.
"Error #27 Maximum number of attempts in 3600 seconds" or something like that. It flashes so fast its hard to catch.

Before I create a task I need to fix another issue that is coming up with it creating 6 tickets from one email.

I am using a gmail account for testing but will eventually switch to an exchange account.

Currently it will not delete the emails from the server either.

I will try to get some screen shots of the activity if you would like.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

For the errors.
Open a command console on the folder where the script is. Run the script that way and the output stays so that you can read it or you could also try using the "Complete test" feature of EmailReporting on the mailbox in question

As for emails not being most likely means that it ran into an error while parsing the email
I'm very interested to see this error so that we can fix it
alex.culley

Post by alex.culley »

Ok here is what i did.

I wiped out all mantis/xampp database and installs on the hard drive.
reinstalled everything from scratch.
configured email for a gmail account
added the plugin for email reporting
configured it
sent one test email
ran PHP script
9 separate tickets were opened from one email
Attachments
9tickets.PNG
9tickets.PNG (58.12 KiB) Viewed 9283 times
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Based on these emails i suspect the email address where MantisBT is sending notification emails about new accounts, and also the email address of the reporting user is the same email account which EmailReporting is monitoring for new emails

You need to make absolutely sure that the email address or folder within a mailbox is exclusively used by EmailReporting.

You have 2 options
  1. Use IMAP and make EmailReporting monitor another folder besides the INBOX folder. This will require that any emails that EmailReporting will need to process must be manually moved to the folder in question
  2. Set up a new email address which will only be used for receiving emails that should be processed by EmailReporting. This email address should only be used as the email address from which MantisBT sends emails but should not receive any other emails
EmailReporting is designed to process all emails that are in the mailbox and folder its monitoring
alex.culley

Post by alex.culley »

This email address is only used and was created exclusively for this mantis test. I am the only one that knows of its existence. the only email sent to it was from my personal email account with the subject "Email reporting test 1 1/18/17 209"

Before running the fetching script I logged into email server and verified one one email was present on the server.

For some reason the plugin is processing one email and turning it into 9 different tickets and a reminder.

After the install I made no modifications to any files on the mantis build other than setting email up.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

So your saying that the email address that is monitored by EmailReporting is not connected to any user account in MantisBT?
By default all users with global access level ADMINISTRATOR are notified by MantisBT of new users being registered.

Please verify which email addresses are connected to the administrator users

If that is not the case then i'm afraid you would need to look at your MantisBT installation to see how its set up and debug the situation. If needed i'm willing to help but that would require giving me access to your system or providing me with a copy of the MantisBT folder and a copy of your database

You can also follow the advise in this post: http://www.mantisbt.org/forums/viewtopi ... 159#p61159
It will give a little more control on what emails are processed and you will be able to monitor the incoming emails in the mailbox (the first option, IMAP, is probably the easiest to test)
alex.culley

Post by alex.culley »

Sorry for the delay in my response i have been out of the office.

I would love to have you take a look at it. Would you be free some time next week?