Parse Email Subject/Body for Attributes like Category

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

daisukepr

Parse Email Subject/Body for Attributes like Category

Post by daisukepr »

I'm planning on utilizing Email Reporting to be the link between a feedback form on my website and Mantis. The feedback form will have a dropdown option for type of feedback (bug, comment, etc) that I would like to have drive the Category in Mantis. The best way I can think of to manage this currently is to setup multiple unique email addresses that Email Reporting monitors and have the form send an email to the different addresses based on the feedback dropdown. However, it would be great if the email itself could be parsed by Email Reporting and any special attributes pass into the Mantis ticket (like priority can). Perhaps this could look for words like ***Category = *** or the like in the email.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to manage this cleanly in my current setup, or can this be added as a feature request for Email Reporting?

Thank you for your help!
SL-Gundam

Re: Parse Email Subject/Body for Attributes like Category

Post by SL-Gundam »

This feature request is already in development. It's the "Rule system"... maybe it will be renamed... who knows.

Anyways development of that system is taking longer then expected because the amount of work was under estimated. Don't expect it anytime soon i'm afraid
daisukepr

Post by daisukepr »

No worries; I appreciate the quick reply!
Mzamaraev

Post by Mzamaraev »

Some updates re this request? It's really important feature to have. It can automate Mantis perfectly
Maybe just search some user-defined patterns (stored at additional variables at config file) and put corresponding value to proper ticket field?

And in any case of answer - SL-Gundam, thanks a lot for your great job done with this plugin!
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Not making much progress yet

Currently working on updating EmailReporting to use new MantisBT 2.1.x features available

If you really need something fast it might be best to write your own plugin that hooks into EmailReporting/MantisBT events to get the job done