Report issue via Email

This plugin allows you to report an issue in MantisBT by sending an email to a particular mail account

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

Reinder

Re: Report issue via Email

Post by Reinder »

SL-Gundam wrote: But you could always write your own plugin and hook it into the events in EmailReporting
I'm not that good with php :-)

Would it help if you had some kind of budget? Not saying that we can provide this directly, but I would like to have that option.
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

While i could say money is always a good incentive to work on something but in this case its something i do for fun because i love it.

Something like that i do not want to do for money. So that would be a "No"

What would help is to have more developers, but so far not to many people seem to be interested
enzoweb

Post by enzoweb »

Hi,

I've just installed this but am a bit fuzzy on how to get it to work.

I have set up a gmail account which I use for Mantis to send out notifications to users when assigned issues etc. This works fine.

Can I use the same email address for the email reporting mailbox, or do I need to set up a new one?

What does the "Test" button do? I've clicked it, but there's no feedback as to what it does or if it worked.

Would really appreciate a step by step guide to implementing this with gmail, or a how-to.

These are my settings in the config page:

mailbox type = POP3
hostname = smtp.gmail.com
tcp port = 587
username = xxxxx
password = xxxxx
Authentication method = USER

So I created this mailbox, selected "test" and clicked on "select mailbox" and.....?

I went to the gmail mailbox account - no emails

I went to My Mantis issues - no new entries.

TIA
Reinder

Post by Reinder »

I guess you should enter a different port and imap.gmail.com / 993 SSL instead of the outgoing mail (smtp). This plugin picks up mails, it does not send.

All mails that are in your gmail mailbox will be picked up, so if it is empty, nothing happens. The test doesnt do anything (same case with me), it only reports when it went sour.

To make the plugin work, you need to either set up a cron job or kick it off through the web (as stated in the documentation). Second option works fine with me, be is less secure obviously...
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Based on your second post i assume you've answered all your earlier questions yourself?

If you have any further questions or problems please start a new topic.
ninja-tester

Post by ninja-tester »

How can I download plugin version with Mantis 2.xx support?
SL-Gundam

Post by SL-Gundam »

Go here: https://github.com/mantisbt-plugins/EmailReporting
Click on clone or download.

That version is the version currently in development (0.10.0-DEV) and with full support for MantisBT 2.x.x