How to hide some items

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

nemeckova

How to hide some items

Post by nemeckova »

Hallo,

Could you advice me how to hide some items (namely reproducibility and severity) in details of issues?

Thank you very much in advance.

Petra
atrol
Site Admin

Re: How to hide some items

Post by atrol »

Do you want to hide the fields in the complete system (which is not possibe for all fields) or just on some pages?
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
Snorvarg

Post by Snorvarg »

Hi, I am new to Mantis, and would like to do the same thing; hide some elements in the default view of view issues. (ex. site.com/view.php?id=1)

I found the admin page manage_config_columns_page.php, but it does not seem to work, if I remove some fields in the 'View issue columns', it does not show in the view issues page. I guess I misunderstand the use of the manage_config_columns_page.php page, but if so, where do I change which fields/elements that should be visible?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Snorvarg wrote:Hi, I am new to Mantis, and would like to do the same thing; hide some elements in the default view of view issues. (ex. site.com/view.php?id=1)
Which elemements do you want to hide? (there is no configuration for all fields)
Snorvarg wrote: I found the admin page manage_config_columns_page.php, but it does not seem to work, if I remove some fields in the 'View issue columns', it does not show in the view issues page. I guess I misunderstand the use of the manage_config_columns_page.php page,
"View Issue Columns" affects the colums displayed in "View Issues" page (view_all_bug_page.php) but not not on the page where a single issue is displayed (view.php)
Snorvarg

Post by Snorvarg »

Thank's for the response, atrol!
atrol wrote: Which elemements do you want to hide? (there is no configuration for all fields)
I am looking for a general solution, but the following fields are not necessary for me:
Category,
View Status,
Platform,
OS,
OS Version,
Tags + Attach Tags,
atrol wrote: "View Issue Columns" affects the colums displayed in "View Issues" page (view_all_bug_page.php) but not not on the page where a single issue is displayed (view.php)
My question should probably be like this: Is it necessary to alter the view.php page code manually, or is there any way to hide these fields via the administration menu?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Disabling category is not recommended. I think it is possible but I never tried.
I think removing is not needed, because category is something which every projects needs.
Be aware that removing category will also remove the functionality of auto assigning issues to users based on category.
If you don't like the word "Category" you can customize the messages without changing the source code of MantisBT.

To disable all profile fields (Platform, OS, OS Version) add the followinhg line to file config_inc.php

Code: Select all

$g_enable_profiles = OFF;
To get rid of Tags add the following lines to file config_inc.php

$g_tag_view_threshold = NOBODY;
$g_tag_attach_threshold = NOBODY;
To disable view status add the following lines to file config_inc.php

$g_set_view_status_threshold = NOBODY;
$g_change_view_status_threshold = NOBODY;
Snorvarg

Post by Snorvarg »

Thanks atrol, it helped me getting started!

I guess people know about this link, but here you can find just about anything about drupal management:
http://docs.mantisbt.org/master/en/admi ... guide.html
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

Snorvarg wrote: drupal management:
?? , quite busy ;-)
Seems that my signature is not clear enough when writing "read the Manual"
Snorvarg

Post by Snorvarg »

atrol wrote:?? , quite busy ;-)
Yes, I am in the middle of setting up environment svn+mantis for a drupal site, so there are alot going on here! :mrgreen:
M@rce

Post by M@rce »

atrol wrote: To disable all profile fields (Platform, OS, OS Version) add the followinhg line to file config_inc.php

$g_enable_profiles = OFF;
To get rid of Tags add the following lines to file config_inc.php

$g_tag_view_threshold = NOBODY;
$g_tag_attach_threshold = NOBODY;
To disable view status add the following lines to file config_inc.php

$g_set_view_status_threshold = NOBODY;
$g_change_view_status_threshold = NOBODY;
Hi, I want to do this but only to a specific project not all, is possible?
"La inteligencia consiste no sólo en el conocimiento, sino también en la destreza de aplicar los conocimientos en la práctica."
Aristóteles
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

M@rce wrote: Hi, I want to do this but only to a specific project not all, is possible?
It's possible by using the database configuration
"Manage" > "Manage Configiration" > "Configuration Report"

Select Username "All Users"
Select the project you want
Enter the value for "Configuration Option" by removing $g_ from the option name (for example tag_view_threshold)
Choose "Data type" integer
Search core/constant_inc.php for the right value (for example NOBODY = 100 , OFF = 0)
Do NOT enter something like NOBODY!
M@rce

Post by M@rce »

atrol wrote: Search core/constant_inc.php for the right value (for example NOBODY = 100 , OFF = 0)
Do NOT enter something like NOBODY!
@Atrol: If I don't have any entry in constant_inc.php or core.php file, is only create one entry for each option? in both?
Thanks.
"La inteligencia consiste no sólo en el conocimiento, sino también en la destreza de aplicar los conocimientos en la práctica."
Aristóteles
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

M@rce wrote:@Atrol: If I don't have any entry in constant_inc.php or core.php file, is only create one entry for each option? in both?
Thanks.
I have no idea what you mean with this.
M@rce

Post by M@rce »

atrol wrote:I have no idea what you mean with this.
@Atrol: Sorry, maybe was a wrong interpretation...when you say "search core/constant_inc.php for the right value" is not "searching for" but "register in"?
Thanks.
Aristóteles
seizai

Post by seizai »

What if I want hide severity, priority & tags from whole system?

I hide those on report page but it still show on some pages... quite annoying