Project Management/ Agile Sprint mods

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

dylanc

Project Management/ Agile Sprint mods

Post by dylanc »

I posted this in General but it occurred to me it should be here too: (there was one feature I forgot in the other post)

I've modified mantis to cope with small project management. I did the following:
  • added a new block/waiting relationship set in addition to the default parent/child (which is more for hierarchical/grouping tasks)
  • added auto-unblock of a task once the tasks it is waiting on are resolved
  • added a proper hierarchical collapsing section view to the roadmap
  • added detailed sprint (version) analysis to the roadmap, per user and overall
  • added ajax-powered expanding into the regular search/view_all_bugs view, so you can click on an icon to quickly list up the children of a task below it
  • added task weights and progress (custom fields)
  • added the automatic calculation of these task weights and progresses into the parent task (so you can see the progress of a group of tasks quickly)
  • added auto-tagging of usernames to tasks which also accumulate in the parent's tasks
  • added small avatars based on these tags to make it quick and easy to see who is involved in what (you get a nice row of avatars on a parent task with lots of children that are assigned to different people for example)
  • added inheritance of parent tasks when you clone a task
  • added quick navigation icons into the task summary column in the search view so you can quickly jump to a task's parent, you can quickly jump to the hierarchy graphs using these icons too
  • added custom group action for adding relationships to tasks (useful for adding a bunch of tasks as children to one parent)
..and a few other bits and pieces here and there (took about two weeks and now it is truly usable for managing/grouping tasks and checking progress). This is currently for 1.1.8 and if anyone wants any of this stuff I'll send you the patch file. (some of this stuff would be great to get into the main code base)
roberto77

Re: Project Management/ Agile Sprint mods

Post by roberto77 »

Hi dylanc,
i'm currently involved in to BT customization in order to have a suitable tool for small projects management;
as soon as i'v read your post i understood that some of your personalizations could be really usefull for my task;

i see you'v done a really great job cause BT is not born as project man. tool, however the block/enable logic you'v added to tasks creation/control is really something new and, currently, missing in to BT tasks management.

I wonder if you could share the customization patch to me cause it's exactly what i would like to introduce in our company's BT.

As usual thank you in advance !
Have a nice day.

Roberto.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?"
b044113

Post by b044113 »

It would be great if you could share the patch with us 'cause we are using mantis and start to implement scrum in our team.
thanks in advance
Regards,

Marce
Kirill

Post by Kirill »

dylanc wrote:This is currently for 1.1.8 and if anyone wants any of this stuff I'll send you the patch file. (some of this stuff would be great to get into the main code base)
Branch 1.1.x clsed for new improve. 1.2.0 already released. And some part closed to improve.
You can download current develop-branch 1.3.x (master) and create patch for developers-approve.
If you don't know how get last dev, etc - you can read in mantisforge.org.
bgoldsmith

Post by bgoldsmith »

Greetings dylanc,

I would like to try out your patch.

warm regards,
bgoldsmith
SvenDiego

Post by SvenDiego »

HI,

could you please send me your patch file.

thanks!
chich

Post by chich »

hey dylanc,

im currently involved in a group university project and we're searching around for tools/methods we can implement into mantis to get some agile/scrum development support. i think your patch would be absolutely perfect for us, if you could please send me a copy that would be fantastic :)

cheers
jbartucz

Post by jbartucz »

Would love to get a copy of this patch as well!
mlotspe

Post by mlotspe »

Would also really love to get a copy of this patch.

Thank!
Kim Schmidt

Post by Kim Schmidt »

Could you plese send this Plugin to me?

Thank you very much

Kim
cspmcs

Post by cspmcs »

Currently I am also customizing Mantis 1.1.8 for my research team.
I will be very appreciated if you can send the Plug-in to me.

Thank you~
andrew_tan

Post by andrew_tan »

Please send the plug-in to me as well. Our company has expressed interest in developing an Agile environment and I'd like to see how this plug-in works for us. Also, we're using version 1.2.1. How compatible is this plug-in for the 1.2.x series?

Thank you in advance.
bsafigan

Post by bsafigan »

I would also love to try out your patch. Thanks.
legatek

Post by legatek »

Dylanc,

Man, these sound like really great improvements. I like the addition of avatar images that percolate up a bug hierarchy, along with the AJAX piece you mention for listing child bugs in the bug view. Would you mind sending the patch along to me?

Is this still only applicable to the 1.1.8 codebase?

Thanks,
Rob
Trey

Post by Trey »

This sounds perfect for me. Can you send me the patch? Thanks.