Mantisbt architecture diagram

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

toonlee

Mantisbt architecture diagram

Post by toonlee »

Can anyone provide me with a 'software architecture diagram' of mantisbt. Does anyone have such a resource ?
vboctor
Site Admin

Re: Mantisbt architecture diagram

Post by vboctor »

Nope, there is no such current diagram. At one point in time we had schema diagrams for the database, but has not been maintained for a very long time. Are there certain aspects that you are looking for a document to cover?
Migrate your MantisBT to the MantisHub Cloud
toonlee

Post by toonlee »

yes, i actually wanted to understand the logic and workflow of the mantisbt.
SneakyWho_am_i

Post by SneakyWho_am_i »

Man that sounds like as much a philosophical question as a technical one. Correct me if I'm wrong, any of you Mantis dev people but I would think that it probably varies from page to page.
Are you more interested in the handling of users and sessions, or in the session data (what product are we looking at??) or issue processing or what?

1: user makes request
1a:mantis loads configuration data
2: mantis checks session -> if bad, send to login screen
3:figure out which project we're on
4: display the page (and/or redirect and/or send an email)
5: exit

I would imagine that the common aspects of ALL mantis scripts probably fit that kind of pattern??!
I don't know anything about these software architecture diagrams, but I don't think they're applicable to Mantis. IMHO Mantis is a product, but it's a package. It's not one thing but an amalgamation of things (anybody feel free to correct me). Each component has a different purpose and workflow.
Bongalsonado

Post by Bongalsonado »

toonlee wrote:yes, i actually wanted to understand the logic and workflow of the mantisbt.
toonlee,

I have a document that could help you to understand the workflow in Mantis. You may visit my blog, join the QAST Practitioner Group, and download the Defect Workflow material in MS Word version at: http://www.daniloalsonado.com/blog/the- ... ing-system

Cheers!