Workflow and Access Control

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kaffamanesh

Workflow and Access Control

Post by kaffamanesh »

Hi,

I had the chance to discover mantis for our organization, it's realy nice and we would like to customize the workflow and the access controls.
I've managed to define a custom workflow for all roles which are defined in mantis and would like to be able to define new roles like "Senjor-Developer" and allow her to change the statuses according to some custom rules.

Lets say: the "Manager" shall be able to change all statuses and the "Senjor-Developer" must NOT be allowed to report or close a bug and the "DEVELOPER" is only allowed to set the statuses from "opened" to "tested" or "reviewed".

Now my questions:

Is it possible to define "Senjor-Developer" as a role?

Is it possible to manage the Status-Transitions via roles (ACL's)?

Is it possible to do this things without any custom php programming?

Thanks for any hints in advance
Best regards
Arash Kaffamanesh
thraxisp
Developer

Post by thraxisp »

From my email, based on 0.19.2:

> Is it possible to define "Senior-Developer" as a role?

Yes, it is. See http://manual.mantisbt.org/manual.custo ... ations.php for an example of how to do this.

>
> Is it possible to manage the Status-Transitions via roles (ACL's)?

Some of this is possible. There is a configuration variable $g_set_status_threshold that controls what access level may move an issue to a particular status. For example:

$g_set_status_threshold = array( ACKNOWLEDGED => MANAGER, CONFIRMED => DEVELOPER, CLOSED => MANAGER );

Implies that only managers can acknowledge or close an issue, where developers can confirm it. Those status values not listed default to $g_update_bug_status_threshold (default UPDATER).