Remove admin user from project

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

strija

Remove admin user from project

Post by strija »

We currently have a lot of projects setup in our Mantis installation, and there's a total of 4 admins in the system.
Is there a way to remove admins from specific projects so that they wont get all the notifactions for every project.
The problem is that every admin is responsible only for certain projects and not all of them. I did a search but couldn't find anything.
Thnx!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Remove admin user from project

Post by atrol »

To remove complete
Manage -> Manage Users
Click on the user
Look at "Assigned projects"
Click "remove"

To customize individual, every user can click My Accound -> Preferences
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
strija

Post by strija »

I know about this functionality, but this does not work for administrators.
Do you perhaps have another sollution?
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

strija

Post by strija »

I've been looking there already, but it's not helping me. Could you please point me out to the setting, because I don't see it.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

they get all the notifactions for every projec
This is not the standard behaviour of a fresh MantisBT installation.
There must be some special configuration you made.
Check your config_inc.php (or maybe someone changed config_defaults.php)
Have a look at $g_default_notify_flag
A fresh installation looks like

Code: Select all

$g_default_notify_flags	= array('reporter'	=> ON,
									'handler'	=> ON,
									'monitor'	=> ON,
									'bugnotes'	=> ON,
									'threshold_min'	=> NOBODY,
									'threshold_max' => NOBODY);
strija

Post by strija »

That's exactly how my settings look like. But they're not in config_inc.php, they're in config_defaults_inc.php.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

It's OK that they are contained in config_defaults_inc.php
There are people who overwrite things in config_defaults_inc.php instead of making changes in config_inc.php

Do you have any special configuration of the categories in your projects? They can be assigned to a user at the project management page?

Which version of MantisBT do you use?
strija

Post by strija »

The version 1.1.8.
Regarding the categories:
We have a project called BAWAG, and inside the project is a category HTML Templates. When I try to edit the category, it isn't assigned to anyone.
On the bottom of the project page ist the list of users in the projects and all users except for the admin have a "Remove" button.

If I understood correctly you're saying that in the default Mantis configuration you can remove admins from specific projects? Or you can manage notification per user for every project?
I could try to make a clean install if this is the case.

Thnx
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

You can not manage notification per user per project within your account settings. These settings are for all projects.

You can not remove a global administrator from a project, but you can remove a user whose global role is not administrator, but who is administrator for a special project.
The trick to remove could be:
Give admin A temporarely the global role reporter, remove him from the project, set him back to administrator role

In a fresh installation the administrator will not get any mail of issues where he is not involved in any way.
(which means, he did not report the issue, he was never assigned to the issue, he is not monitoring the issue, )

Just to be sure, whether I understand your problem:
In your installation the administrators get mail whenever anything changed in any issue of the projects where he is administrator?
strija

Post by strija »

Yes that's my problem. We have 4 admins in our company (one of them is me), and we all get notifaction for all projects even if we never had anything to do with a project.
strija

Post by strija »

I now opened the MySQL table "mantis_project_user_list", and here I can see all the users assigned to various projects. The problem is that the admins are not in this table. So that means that all admins are always added to all projects, and it cannot be done differently without modifying the core.

I don't see any sollution to this without modifying the core, or maybe writing some kind of a extension.
strija

Post by strija »

I just got an idea. Maybe I could create a new user role called something like "subadmin" and do it like this. I'll try this, and write the results here.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

strija wrote: I don't see any sollution to this without modifying the core, or maybe writing some kind of a extension.
8O
my two cents
If you are able to modify the core, you should certainly be able to look for the real problem by some debugging

Did you try my trick?
strija

Post by strija »

What do you mean with "If you are able to modify the core"? I have access to the FTP so I can modify the core files without any problems.

Are you saying that the default installation of mantis does not send notifications for all projects to all admins? What should I be looking for in the debuging?