Modern UI

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

favioagg

Modern UI

Post by favioagg »

Hello everyone. Have you been looking for a modern UI of mantis that gets the job done with a more friendly appeal to the final customer, well there is.

This is a UNOFFICIAL moddification, made by syncguru (all credits to his work, https://github.com/syncguru/).

Get it here: https://github.com/FavioGalvis/mantisbt ... n-ui-2.zip

What I have done is with this build is bring it to the 1.2.19 branch and merged it on my personal repo (not the official mantisBT repo). You require the libraryes (or git submodules) to be added manually on your libraryes folder.
https://github.com/mantisbt/mantisbt/tr ... er/library

Use it on your own responsability. There is not going to be develpment in this fork (besides the one that syncguru make) nor troubleshooting. I recomend to use a separate instance of mantis to test this version and if it work for you, remeber to backuP before updating it.

If you get any errors during install, its because you didn't get the libraries (or git submodules)

Some screnshots.

Last edited by favioagg on 15 May 2015, 14:04, edited 2 times in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Modern UI

Post by atrol »

favioagg wrote:Imade a merge with the current master of mantis BT 1.2.19 and works like wonders.
I don't see any merge for 1.2.19.
You merged to master (which is 1.3 beta).
This is exactly the same what syncguru did in branch modern-ui-2 (he rebases his branch based on master from time to time).

I recommend to delete your fork as it does not add any additional value but might confuse other users.
favioagg wrote: 1. you have to add some libraryes not icluded on the mantis/library directory.
You don't have to add the libraries.
The libraries are so called git submodules.
You have to init them just after cloning the repository.

Code: Select all

cd mantisbt
git submodule update --init
see https://www.mantisbt.org/docs/master/en ... lone.clone
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

favioagg wrote:I dont see any benefit from taking this kind of ill tratement from all of your post.
First of all, keep in mind that I am no native English speaker.
Maybe the way I try to express something is not the best one.
Sorry if you feel offended.

Please, please, please!
It seems that you get wrong I wrote.
favioagg wrote:The post must be reviewd before publication.
There was a lot of spam (also automated) and advertising in this forum. The only way to get rid of this, was to introduce moderation.
This means, that you have to enter two posts which are not spam, after that you can post without any moderation.
favioagg wrote:Delete this thread atrol
MantisBT is open source and this forum is open communication.
Unfortunately you deleted your original post, which will make it hard for others to understand what's going on here.

Sorry again, if you feel offended.
I am not aware that I wrote something wrong.

Let's come back to MantisBT:
Do you offer the new UI for version 1.2.19?
If so, sorry, I didn't see it at first sight.
I am quite sure that other users are interested in having it.
It would be great if you can make your repo public again and tell which branch to use for the new UI in version 1.2.x.

Concerning submodules: you have to be aware that you might get problems running MantisBT if you copy the versions of the libraries the way you described before.
Using the submodules ensures that the right commit of the 3rd party libraries is used.
favioagg

Post by favioagg »

OK atrol, i will edit the main post with the info you have provided.

I think your writing its ok, dont worry, you have to keep in mind that not everyone its an expert in php or mantis (include me) and we try what we can with what we know, and sometimes the languaje used here in the forum needs to be closer to the final customer. You got what I was saying rigth? (because you know mantis and its development, and you dont mind a little bit of common languaje), if i was to speak that way, with all the tecnical terms, not even me will get it. So a more explanatory argument its needed.

I am doing this because i think the work that syncguru has made its great and a little bit missunderstod according to the coments i have read from his Merge-Request in the github. Ergo, i am pulling a modern UI closer to the rest of us who needs a mantis version that treats different the Informers, Supervisors and customers and does not have too much computer knowloge in a easy-comunication channel with the company that owns the service.

For us in my company, we deal with "no-computing-skills" customers and the plataform must be friendly and easy, witch syncguru achieved with his modification.

Main post will be edited.
Regards,
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

favioagg wrote:You got what I was saying rigth? (
I think I got it.
favioagg wrote:i think the work that syncguru has made its great and a little bit missunderstod according to the coments i have read from his Merge-Request in the github.
Maybe also some kind of misunderstanding.
Most of the MantisBT core developers (including myself) thought that syncguru has done a great job in implementing a new UI for MantisBT.
So he became part of the MantisBT core development team and the plan is to make his work part of MantisBT 2.0, see https://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=17919 where he is assigned to make the final implementation.
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

I think Mantis needs a way to customize its user experience, the big complaint from my end users is that is "difficult" to use.

As end users "difficult" means "not friendly".

I created a more softer clean CSS styles but still there is a lot to do to get a better user experience.

I wish the priority for theming or styling MantisBT would be higher than today's
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

jaguar wrote: the big complaint from my end users is that is "difficult" to use.
Anything more specific than "difficult to use"?
jaguar wrote:I wish the priority for theming or styling MantisBT would be higher than today's
You can style a lot, anything specific you are missing?