Modify "Date Submitted" and "Last Update"

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

phong.vuthanh

Modify "Date Submitted" and "Last Update"

Post by phong.vuthanh »

Hello All,

In " View issuer Details" I can't modify "Date Submitted" and "Last Update" field. I want to change for some reason. Please help me

Thanks and best regards
cas

Re: Modify "Date Submitted" and "Last Update"

Post by cas »

Those fields are handled by the system, you cannot change those. Well you could do that in the database but will prove to be pretty cumbersome (rightly so!).
phong.vuthanh

Post by phong.vuthanh »

cas wrote:Those fields are handled by the system, you cannot change those. Well you could do that in the database but will prove to be pretty cumbersome (rightly so!).

Great ! but the date format is the unix timestamp. How can i change it ?
enzoweb

Post by enzoweb »

This is a real bugbear of mine - I want to be able to have a "Date / Time of Issue" field but it seems very hard to do.

In the meantime I am having to use phpmyadmin or SQL to edit the fields directly in the database. I use this website to determine the unix timestamp that is needed: http://www.4webhelp.net/us/timestamp.php

Enter the 'real' time and date in the fields and it returns the unix timestamp, then update the field in the database with the value.

Clunky but it works.

If anyone knows how to have a custom field in the "Report Issues" form that allows you to enter the time / date the issue occurred and not the submitted time I'd be happy to hear it.
cas

Post by cas »

well then add a custom field to handle this (standard functionality), pretty straight forward. :mrgreen:
enzoweb

Post by enzoweb »

cas wrote:well then add a custom field to handle this (standard functionality), pretty straight forward. :mrgreen:
I can't see how to enter the time in a custom field, it only has the Date as a type. I need to be able to enter the time as well.

I go to "Manage" / "Custom Fields", create a new one, and at the "Type" drop-down there is no Date / Time option, just "Date". In the "Report Issue" form it only has drop-downs for "DD" "MM" and "YY".

I also need "HH24" and "MI".

Does anyone know how to do this?