Add monitor user on reporting a new issue

Post about your customizations to share with others.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

SchraderMa

Add monitor user on reporting a new issue

Post by SchraderMa »

Is it possible to add a user to the monitoring list when reporting a new issue?

At the moment I have to report a new issue, go to the view/edit issue mask and then enter the username of the user who should be notified on issue changes. For this to work I already set the options:
$g_show_monitor_list_threshold = REPORTER;
$g_monitor_add_others_bug_threshold = REPORTER;

Unfortunately this options only changed the edit issue mask but I need it to appear in the report issue mask.

Thanks for your help!
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Add monitor user on reporting a new issue

Post by atrol »

You would have to write a plugin for this.
A hadn't a deeper look but a good starting point could be
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=11615
which implements selecting a reporter while adding an issue
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
SchraderMa

Post by SchraderMa »

Thanks for the quick response but this is not exactly what I ment:

In my case a reporter "reports" a new issue and should be able to add an addintional user who is then also notified about the new issues and all of its changes, like a person in email CC. The person who reported the issue should stay the actual owner (reporter) of the issue.

"Add user to monitoring list" or "Send Reminder" in the view/edit issue mask does everthing I need, but I would like to trigger this action directly in the mask when reporting the issue.
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

SchraderMa wrote:Thanks for the quick response but this is not exactly what I ment:
I know,
I wrote that the plugin could be a good starting point for you, not that it's the solution.
SchraderMa

Post by SchraderMa »

Understood, thanks anyway!
maybe

Post by maybe »

SchraderMa wrote:Thanks for the quick response but this is not exactly what I ment:

In my case a reporter "reports" a new issue and should be able to add an addintional user who is then also notified about the new issues and all of its changes, like a person in email CC. The person who reported the issue should stay the actual owner (reporter) of the issue.

"Add user to monitoring list" or "Send Reminder" in the view/edit issue mask does everthing I need, but I would like to trigger this action directly in the mask when reporting the issue.
Did you solve this problem? I need to do the same. I found that you can configurate some fields in config_inc.php with a global variable

Code: Select all

$g_bug_report_page_fields = array( 'category_id', 'view_state',	'handler',	'priority',	'severity',	'reproducibility',	'platform',	'os',	'os_version', 'product_version','product_build','target_version',	'summary',	'description','additional_info','steps_to_reproduce','attachments',	'due_date',	);
but I couldn't find what's the variable for user monitor list. Do you know anything about this?
Regards
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

maybe wrote: but I couldn't find what's the variable for user monitor list.
There is none for it.
Shifter7

Post by Shifter7 »

Atrol,
Do you think your plugin could be modified to add people assigned as owners of a bug to the monitor list?
Some of our bugs change hands quite a bit and it would be good to keep everyone in the loop on progress
n - i - i

Post by n - i - i »

Shifter7 wrote:Atrol,
Do you think your plugin could be modified to add people assigned as owners of a bug to the monitor list?
Some of our bugs change hands quite a bit and it would be good to keep everyone in the loop on progress
Do I understand you correctly, every time the reporter of an issue changes, you want that user to be added to the monitor list? Or just at the time the issue is reported (so the very first "owner")?
Shifter7

Post by Shifter7 »

Not the reporter, but anyone that the bug gets assigned to.
We've found that when the person assigned to a bug does not "monitor" the bug and then gets replaced by another person, they are now out of the loop and then information and/or action items may get dropped on the floor.

Greg
n - i - i

Post by n - i - i »

Alright, got it. We use the term "owner" in another way, that's why I was a little bit confused.

I wrote a simple plugin, it adds the old handler (the user the issue is assigned to) to the monitor list every time the handler is about to get changed. It is of course not necessary to add the new handler, since he'll get informed about all the issue updates anyway - simply because he's the handler. :wink:

You can extract the archive to the /plugins/ folder and then install it - no script changes required! Feel free to add any features you want. :)
Attachments
AlwaysUpToDate.rar
(707 Bytes) Downloaded 697 times
Shifter7

Post by Shifter7 »

Thanks!
I'll give it a try and let you know how it works.
vorapoap

Post by vorapoap »

Could core developer put this to MantisBT2

From what I see it is not suitable to do this in plugin.