'Access Denied' when users attempt to edit bugs

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

MattD

'Access Denied' when users attempt to edit bugs

Post by MattD »

When my users view a bug and click the "Edit" button, they receive an APPLICATION ERROR #13: Access Denied message when trying to complete the edit. This baffles me, because I've allowed them access to all of the fields that they're trying to modify. They can make the modifications one by one, but using the Edit button does not seem to work for them. Any ideas? Is there a special configuration option that needs to be set up for this? I'm not entirely sure of the version, but I believe it's very recent.
Last edited by MattD on 17 Nov 2009, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: 'Access Denied' when users attempt to edit bugs

Post by atrol »

MattD wrote: because I've allowed them access to all of the fields that they're trying to modify.this?
Can you explain in a more detailed way what you configured?

And some more questions:

Which version of MantisBT do you use
Which role is assigned to the users (reporter, updater, developer, ....)
Which status have the issues they want to edit (maybe they are already closed and with default settings closed issues can only be edited by manager and administrator)
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
MattD

Re: 'Access Denied' when users attempt to edit bugs

Post by MattD »

On the Workflow Thresholds page, I've checked off anything I'd want my users to be able to do-- and they are able to do those things, just not through the Edit page, only directly from the issue view page. In addition, my Configuration Report page looks fine, with the value 25 shown for the things I'd want my users to have direct control over.

My users are either assigned as Reporter or Developer. I recognize that the initial setup of Reporter has some pretty strict limitations, some of which I have removed on Workflow Thresholds. The issue is occurring with users of both these statuses. As an admin, I have no problem making the modifications myself.

Status does not seem to have an effect on whether or not the user can make the edit. If my users enter an issue, and then immediately go to the Edit page, they won't be able to make a modification.

MantisBT Version: 1.2.0rc1
Schema Version: 173