Issues upgrading from 1.1.0a4 to 1.3.20

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

kidr0cker

Issues upgrading from 1.1.0a4 to 1.3.20

Post by kidr0cker »

I was hoping to get some help here, the company I work at has had very poor documentation for their implementation of mantis. And I have never worked with it prior to working here (and even working here it isn't something that I regularly work with).

I have been told that prior Sys admins in the company have been to scared to make changes / updates to Mantis as they were too afraid of what may break, and we are running into issues with database errors. This morning I was able to update to 1.3.20 and that seemed to fix the database errors, however I had to revert back to a snapshot in order to cause our users to not freak out due to some changes (project numbers not being in the drop down, and a link not being in the header area any longer). I have figured out that the header link is in html_api.php and I am currently trying to work out where to look for the customization putting project numbers in the drop down, so really any help or guidance would be appreciated.

- Ryan
kidr0cker

Re: Issues upgrading from 1.1.0a4 to 1.3.20

Post by kidr0cker »

Last night I attempted to update again, and have the new version and the old versions running concurrent together. This I suppose will help me to continue to use the old site until the new one is completely setup. I also noticed that the update fixed the database error, which prevented users of specific projects from even being able to login. Not going to inform the users of the new site until the modifications are done to it to allow for a seamless transition.