Edit Issue Fields: Only the "Mantis Administrator" can do that? How can this be performed by other users?

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

seppeltronics

Edit Issue Fields: Only the "Mantis Administrator" can do that? How can this be performed by other users?

Post by seppeltronics »

Hello,

I just set up Mantis and did "Report Issue". The problem I have is to understand what I need to do so that users can edit the issues(e.g. severity). I created a user, even in the manager-mode, that was not enough that issues assigned to that user could edit fields like severity.

It's less than ideal that it requires administrator’s rights to edit these fields, and I guess, it's not required. Can someone tell me in which state the ticket/issue needs to be and what settings need to be set, in order that a "developer" or "manager" can edit fields like severity?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards, Seppel

P.S. I run 2.24.1 because I could not get 2.25.2 to work, the installation-page was blank,... but I highly doupt it depends on the Version.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Edit Issue Fields: Only the "Mantis Administrator" can do that? How can this be performed by other users?

Post by atrol »

Which PHP version do you use?
If it's 8.x, this fixed bug might be your problem https://mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=27806
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
seppeltronics

Re: Edit Issue Fields: Only the "Mantis Administrator" can do that? How can this be performed by other users?

Post by seppeltronics »

Hello,

I use version PHP 7.4, is that also present in Mantisbt 2.24.1 with PHP 8.x?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards, Seppel
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

seppeltronics wrote: 20 Jun 2021, 16:37is that also present in Mantisbt 2.24.1 with PHP 8.x?
According the bug description It is only present in PHP 8.x, so it seams your issue is another one, see
This "worked" in PHP < 8.0,

BTW why do you use 2.24.1 but not the latest 2.24.x which is 2.24.5?

Of course it would be better to use 2.25.2, as we typically fix bugs just in latest published version and the version that is in development.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual