Cannot upload or download in 2.22.0

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

pwf

Cannot upload or download in 2.22.0

Post by pwf »

After installing version 2.22.0, users cannot upload attachments to reports, and cannot download attachments previously uploaded.
Steps:
1. Create a new report, save it and open it again.
2. Scroll down to the attachments panel and drag a small file into the window.
3. Enter a brief note.
4. Click Add Note.
Expected result: note should be added to the report and the file uploaded and available to download.
Actual result: a new page appears with an error message:
INTERNAL APPLICATION ERROR
Please use the "Back" button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.
I explored the possibility that the upload_path is not or ill-defined. In Management > Project... I could not find an interface for viewing or editing the file upload path. Despite what's written in the Admin Manual on page 67, the project pages do not allow me to change the: "file directory used to store attachments for issues and documents associated with the project. This folder is located on the webserver, it can be absolute path or path relative to the main MantisBT folder. Note that this is only used if the files are stored on disk."

Clicking attachments in existing reports results in a 404 error.

Is this related? I looked at the database > mantis_project_file_table. It's empty.
tedfroehlich

Re: Cannot upload or download in 2.22.0

Post by tedfroehlich »

I had this symptoms in 2.22.1, PHP 7.2 on a Windows IIS setting.

After several hours of search I found out that Windows PHP does not activate the extension php_fileinfo.dll by default.

After adding "extension=php_fileinfo.dll" to the [ExtensionList] paragraph of the PHP.INI, file uploads worked as expected.