Log-In not working in Chrome

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

econsor_ag

Log-In not working in Chrome

Post by econsor_ag »

I have one colleague who can not log in with chrome. It loads for ever, no error in the console tab and nothing inside the network tab.
Chrome is up to date and when he tries to login on Firefox it works fine. He is the only colleague who has this problem. I tried restarting the pc, re-installing chrome, deleting all browser-settings, caches, cookies but nothing seems to work... .

Has anyone experiecend something similar? Any idea what the problem is?
Cloudsix

Re: Log-In not working in Chrome

Post by Cloudsix »

I have experienced this issue twice now, with two separate users. I thought i resolved it the first time by running a malware scan and re-installing Chrome, as it did work after that.

However, days later I experienced this issue on my own account. I was not able to resolve by simply re-installing Chrome. After trying several things (including clearing cache/cookies), I noticed my Chrome browser was syncing to my personal gmail account. I decided to launch a "guest window" in Chrome and try again. Viola! It worked. I then turned off the sync to my gmail account in the other window of Chrome and tried it. It worked again! I'm not sure what exactly is causing this, as I have been using MantisBT with Chrome for years and my gmail account is always logged in. This appears to be a newer issue.

Have you found any correlation to Gmail accounts/sync?

Or any solution at all?

Thanks!
econsor_ag

Post by econsor_ag »

Thank you for sharing your insight, sadly I haven't found any correlation to Gmail but I will try looking into the sync. I also haven't tried the guest window :)
econsor_ag

Post by econsor_ag »

There is no GMail Connection or Sync but using the guest window from Chrome works, thank you.