struggling new install - undefined function mysqli_connect_error

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

asi

struggling new install - undefined function mysqli_connect_error

Post by asi »

I'm struggling to complete a first time install. Initially didn't have php on server - got that resolved. Tried to utilize our existing SQL server for the DB but couldn't get past a problem there, so decided to install MYSQL on the server with Mantis. Now when I try the "Install" button I get a 3 line screen:

Call to undefined function mysqli_connect_error()
C:\Mantis\core\database_api.php: 597: ADODB_mysqli - -> - ErrorMsg()
C:\Mantis\admin\install.php: 431: - - - - db_error_msg()

I'm selecting MySQL Improved for the db type, leaving "localhost" for the hostname, using root for the db username and adding the pw that was created during the MYSQL install.

Anything else I can provide? I'm sure this is 101 stuff for most of you but I'm dead in the water. Thanks in advance.
atrol
Site Admin

Re: struggling new install - undefined function mysqli_connect_error

Post by atrol »

Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
asi

Re: struggling new install - undefined function mysqli_connect_error

Post by asi »

thanks atrol, with the help of your link I was able to muddle through and finally get past that error. Every test on the install passes now except the very last - Attempting to connect to database as admin. It casts and error "Does administrative user have access to he database?" I'm trying to use the root user/pw that we set up when we installed MYSQL but it doesn't like that. It works fine for the username (for database) and Admin Username but it doesn't like it to connect. I've tried my Active Directory admin account and it didn't care for that either.