Create user REST API password problem

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

piero.bizzotto

Create user REST API password problem

Post by piero.bizzotto »

Hi, I'm trying to create new users using rest API in a new mantis installation (I need to clone accounts from another DB to the Mantis one). Everything works fine, except for the password. I pass the password through the JSON code as it is explained in the postman mantis guide

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/ ... 632c15840e

The user is successfully created, but I cannot login, it seems that the password is different..do you have any ideas?
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Create user REST API password problem

Post by atrol »

Not sure if I understand your problem.
The REST API creates the user with the given password.
You don't know the original password of the user, so this can't be a real clone.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
piero.bizzotto

Post by piero.bizzotto »

After Inserting a password in the password field through rest api with user creation endpoint, when I try to login that password isn't correct, I don't know why, so I have to change it through the password recovery...
dregad
Developer

Post by dregad »

Please check your e-mail notification settings. More specifically, if send_reset_password and enable_email_notification are set to ON, then the password you provide as payload via REST API is discarded, a random one is generated and the user is sent an e-mail requesting account verification including a link to follow that will rest the password.