Attachments broken after upgrading 2.1.0 to 2.21.0

Get help from other users here.

Moderators: Developer, Contributor

krahe

Attachments broken after upgrading 2.1.0 to 2.21.0

Post by krahe »

I installed Mantis 2.1.0 some time ago using my hosting service's tools (Softaculous on cphosting.com). Today I used those same tools to upgrade it to the latest version, which is 2.21.0. The upgrade seemed to proceed without error, but since the update was applied I can no longer access existing attachments or add new ones. Whenever I attempt to do either I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Class 'finfo' not found in /home/krahe/public_html/mantis/core/file_api.php on line 1004
Any suggestion as to how to proceed from here would be appreciated. I did take a full backup just before applying the update, and also pulled all the existing issues down to my local workstation in XML form. If I could I would go back to 2.1.0 and restore the backup, but I don't see any way to do that. Thank you for any advice/assistance.
Kevin Rahe
atrol
Site Admin

Re: Attachments broken after upgrading 2.1.0 to 2.21.0

Post by atrol »

Run admin/check/index.php
I assume you will get a message that PHP fileinfo extension is not installed
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
krahe

Post by krahe »

As I cannot at the moment access my site via a command shell (I would probably have to request access to such from my hosting service), let's say that you're correct - that said extension is not installed. What could I do to correct that? (btw, I checked in cpanel and it says the current version of PHP in use on my site is 5.6; there are other versions I could select, including newer 7.x versions; also, while I've been developing software for over a third of a century, I have minimal familiarity with PHP)
Kevin Rahe
atrol
Site Admin

Post by atrol »

I would try to use PHP 7.x as this is recommended for Mantis and a lot faster than PHP 5.6.
Maybe this fixes also your issue.
If not and if you don't have root access to your server, you have to contact your provider.
Please use Search before posting and read the Manual
krahe

Post by krahe »

When I select a PHP version other than the native/default (currently 5.6), it lets me choose the extensions that are enabled. I tried selecting 5.6 explicitly, which let me select the fileinfo extension. Then I used another cpanel function called MultiPHP Manager and selected 5.6 for my domain and subdomains, but that still didn't do the trick. So I went back and selected 7.3 instead, which also needed fileinfo selected, and also applied it to all my domains and subdomains, and that did the trick. And you're right - it is much faster than 5.6! Thank you!
Kevin Rahe